Corps icons

both have also released official press releases stating they are not fielding a corps for 2007.

That's right... but this project isn't for the 2007 season. It's something that I working on for the future. As of right now, I'm going with the DCI.org Div I page... it may seem arbitrary to you, but that's just what I'm going with for now.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a website that has pretty awesome corps icons that shows scores during the season? You might want to look there if it hasn't been said before.

Isn't there a website that has pretty awesome corps icons that shows scores during the season? You might want to look there if it hasn't been said before.

Yes there is and I can't remember the name of it :blink:

Are these icons visually intuitive? Could a reasonable drum corps enthusiast tell them apart and associate them with the corps they represent? Thanks!

I have to say the icons are not really visually intuitive, also they are not unique. Why not just use each corps icon as part of your? ie red iron cross in a black circle for xmen etc. I follow drumcorps relatively closely and it would take several minutes to figure out who is who on your chart. Good luck with the project.

I have to say the icons are not really visually intuitive, also they are not unique. Why not just use each corps icon as part of your? ie red iron cross in a black circle for xmen etc. I follow drumcorps relatively closely and it would take several minutes to figure out who is who on your chart. Good luck with the project.

Because for this project, I can't use any imagery that is specific to a particular corps. It's sorta an "inspired by" situation. The idea is for a drum corps fan to have a good idea what each circle is supposed to represent, without utilizing any intellectual property of any of the corps.

Also, for the record, I've changed the "San Antonio" and "La Crosse" icons to a circle with an "X" through it, red on black and white on navy, respectively.