Corps icons

Hey folks! I'm working on a project, and need to be able to represent all Div I corps with a small, simple icon. Each one needs to be unique and stand on its own relatively well. What do you guys think? Do these do the trick?

dcl_map.jpg

Thank for any input or advice. :)

Edited by Keith Laubhan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to seem picky but the colors for the Blue Stars and the Madison Scouts just dont seem right. Than again, maybe it's just me...?

Edited by juice

I dont want to seem picky but the colors for the Blue Stars and the Madison Scouts just dont seem right. Than again, maybe it's just me...?

I feel you... with the Blue Stars, I want to be careful to not make them easily confused with the Bluecoats. Blue Stars have red plumes, so I used that to help differenciate the two. Both corps will be getting new uniforms this coming season, so I'll re-evaluate after those are unveiled.

As for Madison, I'm basing it off of their new, multi-green shaded uniforms that they will be wearing this year.

As an alum who marched those years, I appreciate the touch of gray on the Cap Reg icon :)

The one for Pioneer looks reminiscent of the Vanguard jackets, circa 1999.

if you're going to put up temporarily inactive corps (ie, magic), you should put up all of them... KK, for example.

Thanks for the input so far, guys. I didn't KK on there because they're not currently listed on the Div I page of the DCI site. If that changes before the project is complete, I'll add them back in. :)

Are these icons visually intuitive? Could a reasonable drum corps enthusiast tell them apart and associate them with the corps they represent? Thanks!

Thanks for the input so far, guys. I didn't KK on there because they're not currently listed on the Div I page of the DCI site. If that changes before the project is complete, I'll add them back in. :)

You do have Magic and Esperanza up there though, both who will not be marching this summer

Edited by bari_benzo

You've done a really good job

some of it required some thinking on my part, but I've been out of the drum corps loop for about a year.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of horse racing and the different colors that represent each breeder. Just a thought

You do have Magic and Esperanza up there though, both who will not be marching this summer

...both of which are listed on the DCI Div I page... as is Capital Sound.