1988 Madison Scouts in the Netherlands

A good friend captured some old drumcorps tapes from his parents. I think it's nice to know that he uploaded the original recording from the Madison Scouts performance in the Netherlands in 1988.

The Madison Scouts performed on the Drumcorps Holland Finals. Enjoy the dutch going wild for the Scouts! :)

And also see the other videos on his account. And yes, in Holland we have drumcorps since the 70's! ;)

Oh....my GOD!!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

SO nice to see and hear the little differences in tempo, visual, and arrangement compared to DCI fnals, which is the only version I've ever heard.

Pretty good camera work, too...i WISH DCUK had had your camera crew and direction in 86....they had one camer a at the top of the stadium that panned and zoomed in/out...and the camera guy did NOT seem to understand how to focus the camera!!

DCH was a LOT better...

Post...of...the....year!

Great stuff. What a show that was.

i'm surprised this hasn't been removed yet for copyright violations. At least I copied the link if it DOES close. That was awesome to watch and great to see so many guys I played with in the MSARP last summer!

b**bs b**bs Thank You!!!!!

Don't let the crowd noise fool you. Everytime the crowd went nuts, it was when the Holland Soccer team score another goal in the World Cup! B)

That was an incredible experience over there in 1988. Thank you to DCI, DCM and most importantly, The Pride of Cincinatti foundation that underwrote most of the trip. Madison Members paid $100 for the honor and privilege of spreading drum corps good will to Germany, Holland and England. Amazing... and just lucky enough to be a part of it all. I still get goose bumps.

create peace,

Brent

1987-89 Madison Scouts

Very Groovy......very.

create peas

Edited by RobertPi1ot

Don't let the crowd noise fool you. Everytime the crowd went nuts, it was when the Holland Soccer team score another goal in the World Cup! B)

That was an incredible experience over there in 1988. Thank you to DCI, DCM and most importantly, The Pride of Cincinatti foundation that underwrote most of the trip. Madison Members paid $100 for the honor and privilege of spreading drum corps good will to Germany, Holland and England. Amazing... and just lucky enough to be a part of it all. I still get goose bumps.

So now the ultimate question....did you get any camera time?? :P

I hope the members of the corps didn't partake in the...dutch festivities, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is a great show. Go Scouts.

The only story I remember hearing about the 88 trip in 89 had to do with a dead chicken...... and I'm not saying another word. :sshh: