Alumni spectacular

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey....so did I! :lol:

AH.....unless you and DA bought a program you probably didn't vote. Or did yinz buy a program? I wanted to vote for us too but when I got there no programs were available with voting slips in them. Just sayin.......

AH.....unless you and DA bought a program you probably didn't vote. Or did yinz buy a program? I wanted to vote for us too but when I got there no programs were available with voting slips in them. Just sayin.......

Alumni or competition...

The most important award for a corps is the fans appreciation.

I am in favor of any kind of award based on a well organized vote from the fans.

Coo loo koo koo Coo loo koo koo!

Great White North aye? Hosers aye?

Take off aye!

(Geddy Lee's the bomb)

I had a substitute teacher who looked a lot like Alex Lifeson. B)

Alumni or competition...

The most important award for a corps is the fans appreciation.

I am in favor of any kind of award based on a well organized vote from the fans.

Since this seems to be turning into another competition their should be judging for Guard, Percussion, Brass and GE . Combine that score with the fans score to to determine the winner. Their should also be some sort of early balloting to let the fans decide who they want to see in competition . All others need not apply.

Since this seems to be turning into another competition their should be judging for Guard, Percussion, Brass and GE . Combine that score with the fans score to to determine the winner. Their should also be some sort of early balloting to let the fans decide who they want to see in competition . All others need not apply.

:worthy:

So do the fans get to vote again this year? If so, is there a money prize for the favourites?

So do the fans get to vote again this year? If so, is there a money prize for the favourites?

I believe last year was a one shot deal from a private $$ source, not the DCA ...it was presented late it the game and came as a surprise to those of us that have been involved with the Alumni Spectacular since 1998 ... Alumni Corps were never meant to compete ... it's passe for us ... there was a movement early on to form a competitive circuit and it failed royally ... each corps brings with it the particular level of entertainment they are capable of producing ... and that's always been good enough for the fans ... and the corps share the gate at DCA, which has always been good enough for them ... the joy of being with an Alumni Corps is that everyone is a winner ...

Andy "don't need no more competitions" Lisko