Alumni spectacular

Here is the complete list :

There are 2 new corps on the program this year : the Toronto Optimists and Les Diplomates.

2007 DCA World Championships

Presented By:

Alumni Spectacular - Sunday September 2, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Tentative lineup:

Skyliners Alumni New York , New York

Caballeros Alumni Hawthorne, New Jersey

Preston Scout House Preston, Ontario

Mighty St. Joe's LeRoy, NY

Crusaders Sr. Boston, Massachusetts

Park City Pride Bridgeport, Connecticut

Bridgemen Bayonne, NJ

Optimists Toronto, Ontario

Les Diplomates Quebec, Canada

WHAT a lineup!!!!!Ill be there..ill be the one cryin my eyes out ;-)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe last year was a one shot deal from a private $$ source, not the DCA ...it was presented late it the game and came as a surprise to those of us that have been involved with the Alumni Spectacular since 1998 ... Alumni Corps were never meant to compete ... it's passe for us ... there was a movement early on to form a competitive circuit and it failed royally ... each corps brings with it the particular level of entertainment they are capable of producing ... and that's always been good enough for the fans ... and the corps share the gate at DCA, which has always been good enough for them ... the joy of being with an Alumni Corps is that everyone is a winner ...

Andy "don't need no more competitions" Lisko

Fiction exercise

Can you imagine 5 or 6 DCA corps that instead of competing, would give a show together without any rule... just a time limit.

With creativity and imagination all the way.

Without competition.

Would the crowd appreciate that kind of show more than a competition ?

Would the corps survive in that kind of environment ?

Fiction exercise

Can you imagine 5 or 6 DCA corps that instead of competing, would give a show together without any rule... just a time limit.

With creativity and imagination all the way.

Without competition.

Would the crowd appreciate that kind of show more than a competition ?

Would the corps survive in that kind of environment ?

Let's put it differently

Should the future of senior drum corps still be based principally on competition ?

Let's put it differently

Should the future of senior drum corps still be based principally on competition ?

No, in my opinion,...................DCA should embrace and include 4 major divisions

DCA Open Class Corps

DCA Class A Corps

DCA Mini Corps

DCA Exhibition Corps

charge each level some form of fees/dues,.............get them all linked and listed on the website,.........etc,..........and get them all under the same umbrella

No, in my opinion,...................DCA should embrace and include 4 major divisions

DCA Open Class Corps

DCA Class A Corps

DCA Mini Corps

DCA Exhibition Corps

charge each level some form of fees/dues,.............get them all linked and listed on the website,.........etc,..........and get them all under the same umbrella

This is a great idea!

For years I've been hoping DCA would start a "junior" division and perhaps have some Div 1 or Div II DCI corps join. The benefit would be all those "weekend" style drum corps, the kind of drum corps we used to have in the early days, would have an organized place to perform and address the issues of recruiting, finances, ridiculous travel pressures and finances.

Your idea is a little different but I like it even better. And, since we already have a bunch of "exhibition" corps (alumni corps?) all DCA would need to do is call a meeting and draw up some "rules", so to speak.

I see from your post you're a business manager so I suggest you send DCA a proposal. You can put my name down on the petition.

This is a great idea!

For years I've been hoping DCA would start a "junior" division and perhaps have some Div 1 or Div II DCI corps join. The benefit would be all those "weekend" style drum corps, the kind of drum corps we used to have in the early days, would have an organized place to perform and address the issues of recruiting, finances, ridiculous travel pressures and finances.

Your idea is a little different but I like it even better. And, since we already have a bunch of "exhibition" corps (alumni corps?) all DCA would need to do is call a meeting and draw up some "rules", so to speak.

I see from your post you're a business manager so I suggest you send DCA a proposal. You can put my name down on the petition.

Are the Alumni corps, members of DCA ? Do they pay fees ?

What are the rules ( example : time limit ) for their show at the DCA in September ?

Are the Alumni corps, members of DCA ? Do they pay fees ?

What are the rules ( example : time limit ) for their show at the DCA in September ?

No ... no DCA members ... no dues ... each Alumni Corps is a fraternal organization that acts/operates independently ... DCA sponsors one Alumni show, which started in 1998 ... there are general time limits established ... some corps go over ... some corps go under ...

Andy

No ... no DCA members ... no dues ... each Alumni Corps is a fraternal organization that acts/operates independently ... DCA sponsors one Alumni show, which started in 1998 ... there are general time limits established ... some corps go over ... some corps go under ...

Andy

I understand there will be severe penalties for going overtime this year,................. :sshh:

Oh joy!!! Let the beatings begin!

I just don't want to be the person who has to tell one or another of the corps that they're running overtime.

All in favor of assigning Gary Matczak to that job, say "AYE."

Andy

Oh joy!!! Let the beatings begin!

ok

beatingstk2.jpg

I just don't want to be the person who has to tell one or another of the corps that they're running overtime.

All in favor of assigning Gary Matczak to that job, say "AYE."

Andy

AYE!!!

*ducks and runs*

:laugh: