Request for all high school band directors taking their students to sh

PLEASE CONTROL YOUR STUDENTS! Give them a talk before the show starts or whatever it takes. I'm sick and tired of having my drum and trumpet corps experience ruined by a bunch of hyper out of control high school kids that don't know how to act in public.

Don't just sit there and let them talk and giggle DURING the corps performance. Happens every year. If they want to laugh and carry on loud conversations about anything and everything during the show, then send them downstairs underneath the stands or back to the bus. Let them cheer and clap for great performance on the field, but please control all the other unwanted obnoxious verbage!

Not just HS kids either. Anybody that feel their own personal conversations are more important than what's taking place on the field needs to just stay home so we can all enjoy the show...............

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Drum and trumpet corps"? Maybe I'll just go to a BOA show and give the clarinets a standing O.

"Drum and trumpet corps"? Maybe I'll just go to a BOA show and give the clarinets a standing O.

Yeah, kind of an ironic thing to say followed by, "Hey band-O's--shut the heck up!" Just a thought.

PLEASE CONTROL YOUR STUDENTS! Give them a talk before the show starts or whatever it takes. I'm sick and tired of having my drum and trumpet corps experience ruined by a bunch of hyper out of control high school kids that don't know how to act in public.

Don't just sit there and let them talk and giggle DURING the corps performance. Happens every year. If they want to laugh and carry on loud conversations about anything and everything during the show, then send them downstairs underneath the stands or back to the bus. Let them cheer and clap for great performance on the field, but please control all the other unwanted obnoxious verbage!

Not just HS kids either. Anybody that feel their own personal conversations are more important than what's taking place on the field needs to just stay home so we can all enjoy the show...............

Wow!! Someone's ###### off...

Hey - is this the *elitism in drum corps* thread?

My my....I guess you want the kids to sit on their hands and politely clap at the end of the last movement. THIS AIN'T NO CONCERT HALL!!

Besides, if you call it drum and trumpet corps, then maybe you need more help than a stone-quiet stadium will give you to hear.. :worthy: