NEW BLUECOATS UNIS!

I can see how the sequin lines on the pants are lining up with the white stripes on the jacket- should be interesting to see when they're on the move, esp. considering how squeaky-clean their marching has become over the last couple of seasons.

"squeaky clean?" Marching was one of their weakest captions last year (next to guard and GE Music); both performance and ensemble vis. were sixth place. I think if anything going from white to black pants will help them "hide" stuff in the visual department, thus improving their scores. Good strategy, as their marching is pretty good, and this will probably help bump those scores up a bit.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh.

Agree.

"squeaky clean?" Marching was one of their weakest captions last year (next to guard and GE Music); both performance and ensemble vis. were sixth place. I think if anything going from white to black pants will help them "hide" stuff in the visual department, thus improving their scores. Good strategy, as their marching is pretty good, and this will probably help bump those scores up a bit.

About time someone mentioned this. All other corps that changed to dark pants have resulted in early and frequent comments on here about it being a cheat to get better visual scores but Blu seems to be DCPs sacred cow the past several years.

Agree.

About time someone mentioned this. All other corps that changed to dark pants have resulted in early and frequent comments on here about it being a cheat to get better visual scores but Blu seems to be DCPs sacred cow the past several years.

I can think of another corps that has scored well in marching over history that usually wears all white.

Edited by RegimentContra94

Maybe it is just be but aside from them both being blue and black I see very few simalarities between BD and Coats unis.

I like the new look, love the helmet. So far I would say that Crown and Coats are great, but Madison does not do much for me. Can't wait to see the other new unis.

It's a "tighter" look. . . serious. . . a look that says "we're for real". . .

The previous uniform was "happy". . . but not something that steps up and says "pay attention".

I like this one better than BK, BD, Blue Stars and most definitely better than the gone-for-now Capital Regiment.

If they "visual" (verb) as well as they "music" (verb). . . things could get interesting for the Utah Jazz of drum corps. . .

:ph34r:

Chuck Naffier

I wasn't expecting to like it, based off of what I'd heard from a member, but honestly, I think it looks pretty sharp.

Now I just need to see every single instrument, not just a standing trumpet, and then I'll have my final judgment.

Another Stanbury hack job.

Everyone looks like everyone...

What do you mean by hack job? Because of the uniform construction? The concept wasn't by Stanbury if you read the homepage.

Who do they look like because there's many unique points to this uniform that no one else has. The small cuffs, the collar, the stripes down the front of the pants, the helmet, the helmet paint, the "badge", and the reflective striping. Does anyone else wear glossy shoes? That may be unique too.

Do you mean they look like "everyone" else because they're blue/black? Because they have pants and sleeves?

Edited by rmurrey74

Does any one know what color the drums will be to go with this?