NEW BLUECOATS UNIS!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like them. They look like the Blue Devils. Except for the helmet. I liked the old ones.

I like it better than past incarnations of this uniform...with a couple of exceptions:

1. the gauntlet stapled to the chest of the uniform (or, at least, that's how it looks).

2. still hating the helmet. like I said in another thread, police constable. may fit for this year, but won't for next. it'd look much better with a shako, IMO.

Other than that, not bad....well, on a skinny person. lol

Well considering the corps is an outgrowth of the Police boys Club and named to honor Retired Police officers, I would think the helmet fits perfectly for the corps and should remain a part of the uniform forever.

Oh, and I'm liking the new look, and can't wait to see it next saturday in annapolis to see how it all comes together en masse

Interesting. Kinda disappointing, though. May just be all the buildup to, and not the actual uni.

I like the color, and the clean lines, but that tiny flip thing in the front looks awkward, and the gauntlets look really small. Is it just me, or do they look small?

But overall, definitely a more modern, cleaner look for Bloo.

Bravo!

I guess since they've ditched the old unis, I can come out and say it now.

I HATED THE OLD UNIFORMS! White helmets....ick...looked like a bunch of Q-tips out there! They were short, dumpy and, fat looking. I think their "look" had more to do with me NOT enjoying their programming for years.

This is refreshing and I like it. Go BLLUUUU

I don't think they're a bad uniform, in terms of generalizing them as a "uniform." Now as a competitive division 1 corps, I don't think they will help them to stand out as a "contender." I think that they will unfortunately cause them to be very forgettable, although they have been forgetable to me for about the last 10 years.

This is the best uniform upgrade in quite a long time. It is so spot on...modern, sophisticated, and clean. I LOVE the fact that the gauntlets are smaller than the oversized ones everyone else has. IMHO...this is what BD attempted to do with their new uni and could not quite accomplish.

Now it wil be interesting to see the guard unis. They have had some of the coolest unis one year, and the next year come out with something taking 10 steps back into the stone ages.

Great work eveyone involved...from the design to the marketing campaign to roll it out. This is a corps coming into its own on and off the field for sure. I have now decided to try and make one of their shows in the next 2 weeks after opening weekend.

Thoughts:

Those have to be the shortest gauntlets I've EVER seen on a band or corps uniform.

Yep, and I think with this uni (especially with the shoulders) they work.

What's the little bar above the right breast supposed to be?

It was originally a line that went across the chest (similar to those that go down the body to meet the pants), but with the other elements in the original design phase, it was thrown out. Instead, it was replaced by a small line that now resembles a quasi-military rank insignia. Somewhere, I have a prototype design of the uniform by the artist. The uniform the members will be wearing looks better (IMO) than the original sketch.

Guess that's 3 new uniforms down and what- 10 to go?