NEW BLUECOATS UNIS!

Bears mentioning again...

The 2006 Bluecoats were the first corps not named BD, SCV, PR, Cadets, Cavies, Madison, or Star to finish in the top four since 1981. That really is a stunning statistic. Many corps have surged to 5th over the years (Suncoast, Madison, Glassmen, Boston), but couldn't break the top-4 stranglehold.

so you say how they are the first to break the top four out of the list which has the scouts in it. then you say they have tried to make it. Can you please explain what you are trying to say?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I can make this any clearer to you.

The Bluecoats are the ONLY corps to finish as high as 4th and have not won the title.

The others on the list have all been champions and Bluecoats are the first to break into the top 4 and have not yet won.

Do you see the significance of the comment? Still a stunning statistic.

I like the uniform, but I can't help think that many people are going to mistake them for the bluedevils. I am not a fan of black pants, because I think they hide marching technique whether good or bad, and I thought their uniform in the past was much more distinctive. I do have to say there is something sexual about the front flap to me. Not sure why?

I'd like to see the Cavaliers get a new look, as it seems they are long overdue. I guess that's another thread.

too many corps have black pants...

...outside of the marching arts...i'm not sure of any other place where black and blue are well recieved in fashion....

Edited by shostahoosier

Yep...but "police constable" denotes the BRITISH officers. If they want to honor the officers, then how about traditional police caps?? They look like british cops.

Pioneer wears traditional police caps right? Not a good look for Blooo. Keep the helmets!

This could be the front-runner for my favorite new uni of the year.

I'll have to see it on the field.

Why is everyone going to black pants? I can see why .. but ... WHY!?!?!?!

Let me see if I can make this any clearer to you.

The Bluecoats are the ONLY corps to finish as high as 4th and have not won the title.

The others on the list have all been champions and Bluecoats are the first to break into the top 4 and have not yet won.

Do you see the significance of the comment? Still a stunning statistic.

(cough) Spirit (cough) Bridgemen (cough) 27th Lancers (cough) Troopers (cough) Blue Stars (cough)....

(gotta keep repeating that "since 1981" part)

Edited by audiodb

Wow, a much darker image for the 'Coats. It will fit this year's theme well. It seems BD, BK and Bluecoats have similar colour tones and images...good thing the uni style is different.

Dark pants hide the visual dirt early season or at least I think it does!