The Cadets 2007 Horns, Drums, Guard and Drill

While I can't stop anyone from posting comments here about narration, I am asking that you kindly refrain and use other threads that already exist for that purpose (like the "Cadets 2007 show" thread). I'm asking that we have ONE thread where those of us who want to talk about the quality, musical arrangements, etc. of the 2007 Cadets horns, drums, guard and drill can have a discussion focused on those aspects of this years' corps. Compliments, comments and criticisms of ALL aspects of their show EXCEPT for the narration are encouraged. The kids deserve that, if not the members of DCP who want that "safe space".

Thanks for your coorperation.

I couldn't keep from watching the clip of the ensemble rehearsal of The Cadets' opener on “All Access” a half dozen more times. I'm really loving this - TONS of potential. I know it will be tough for many to deal with the narration, but holy drum corps Batman; they are good!!! They already have good stamina as evidenced by the horns being so strong and balanced for almost all of that first quarter of the show while constantly running around in that crazy drill. The drumline in this clip is still one snare short (recuperating) but this is my first read on the pit and they sound equal to the challenge as the rest of the drumline. There are still some awkward moments here and there where they either need to be more confident or need a rewrite but the bones, big drill moves and excitement are there. Their biggest weak point now is certain members of the guard who seem to be way behind everyone else which currently distracts from the impact points; could be late joiners or returns from injury. But, all in all, I'm lovin' it!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the clips I've seen, the percussion section is incredible. I really enjoyed those clips. The hornline sounds great too. I can't wait to see the final product come August. I wasn't able to get a good look at the visual, but I'm sure that will be pretty awesome. As of right now, my only problem with the show is "the-word-that-must-not-be-named."

I should have a better opinion of it all come Saturday. But I have a feeling the battle for the top spots are going to be fierce.

Keep me posted - the Cadets front ensemble is usually a favorite of mine!

The entire percussion section at Cadets is insane. They're already really clean and continue to work their ###ese off. I was getting goosebumps watching their rehearsal. The drill is awesome. They're absolutely flying. and barring a few individuals who seem to think it is their duty to make the hornline louder, this is going to be a great brass section. Didn't see the color guard at all, but I have a friend in it, so I hope to see them do well.

I was watching the dress runthrough/exhibition clips on youtube and was thinking the same thing. The corps is playing great for this time of year. Percussion is really on fire, really enjoyed the percussion solo in the closer.

Does the Cadets preseason CD on yea.org have just "horns and drums"? :P

There's no track listing, etc for it in the store that I can see.

TIA and stuff.

Cadets now have downloads available at their website:

New for 2007! All clips are full length. All tracks are the same recordings that are found on the 2007 Cadets "This I Believe" CD. Tracks will turn into downloadable links after completing the checkout process.

The three "This I Believe" show tracks have both show versions (with narration), or music-only versions to choose from.

I don't know much about percussion so I can't really comment on that, but I love love love the horn book this year. They've got energy and stamina and the music makes me excited. I know a lot of people think the three selections they have are just three random songs tied together with the "n-word", but I love all three so I can't say I really have a problem with that :P

Hah, I know they've been getting their butts kicked in S&R by Joe Roche, one of their visual staff, but it's definitely paid off... I've heard that they're getting through most of the show without much struggle, and it looks good for preseason, should be fun to watch on Saturday!

Cadets now have downloads available at their website:

New for 2007! All clips are full length. All tracks are the same recordings that are found on the 2007 Cadets "This I Believe" CD. Tracks will turn into downloadable links after completing the checkout process.

The three "This I Believe" show tracks have both show versions (with narration), or music-only versions to choose from.

Ah, okay...I missed that totally. Thanks!

Excellent. Now this years Cadets show (without the word that will not be named in this thread) will be on my iPod....very cool of them to offer a "with" and "without".

Downloaded both versions – just listened to the “Without” --- Oh my! :)