The Cadets 2007 Horns, Drums, Guard and Drill

Does the Cadets preseason CD on yea.org have just "horns and drums"?

I have the 2005 CD, and I know that that recording of "The Zone" was done sans narration. I'm not someone who is opposed to narration as a concept, but it's neat to have that different version of the show. It really clarifies which uses of narration added to the show, and which could have been left out (IMO, "The Zone" had instances of both.) I'll probably check out the 2007 recording without, just to hear the difference, though I look forward to hearing the show with narration as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 2005 CD, and I know that that recording of "The Zone" was done sans narration.

Well...case was a little bit different then, the drumspeak was still in the works, and we had almost no clue that the show would include narration, so there was no real option to put it in. This year, the corps is making a consious effort to leave out the narration after the fact for at least one recording, which is something I and many others clearly appreciate.

I was watching the dress runthrough/exhibition clips on youtube and was thinking the same thing. The corps is playing great for this time of year. Percussion is really on fire, really enjoyed the percussion solo in the closer.

I'm really bummed that they block youtube at work. I hope the clips are still up when I get home tonight.

Excellent. Now this years Cadets show (without the word that will not be named in this thread) will be on my iPod....very cool of them to offer a "with" and "without".

I agree and disagree – I agree because I could not imagine repeated listens with it

But I disagree because it’s admittance from the corps that it is bothersome and not really an integral part of the ‘fabric of the show’ then

It lacks conviction on the corps part, funny, I guess this is only kind of what they believe

Sorry, no disrespect but I was responding to another posters statement that was made in this thread. I tried to limit my comments but seeing you addressed them and I’m now addressing you…

back to topic

Based upon the clips of the performance that I heard on line… all the Cadets homers are out in force on this thread – I’m not hearing this exceptional greatness, I’m hearing a talent level on about the par of last year's Cadets at best

Well, I think the Cadets have a great show in the works. Key phrase there is "in the works". Although the vantage point of the video wasn't great, the visual book looks challenges once again and the corps is performing it well already. The brass book sounds great too.

I will make a brief comment on the narration (but it will be constructive) I like aspects of it, alot and other parts I think get in the way. I look forward to seeing this aspect of their program develop throughout the summer.

Funny how quickly this has started to degrade into the same old same old. Go somewhere else please. We're trying to have a discussion here about the OTHER aspects of The Cadets show. For everyone's convenience, here's a link to a thread on the "wordy" subject. Thanks!

Well, you couldn't adhere to your own request in the original post, so how can we expect perfection from everyone else?

I will make a brief comment on the narration (but it will be constructive) I like aspects of it, alot and other parts I think get in the way. I look forward to seeing this aspect of their program develop throughout the summer.

That's a good point. Just about every show with extensive narration has trimmed that aspect of their show over the summer, in a quest for what works in the final product. I expect Cadets 2007 will be the same.