The Cadets 2007 Horns, Drums, Guard and Drill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... And I realize it was a passing refernece by the OP and the rest of the analysis was well-thought out and presented. It's just that we all know that it doesn't take much to get the "anti-" posts a-flyin' -- so a little more care to an otherwise good thread idea might have helped keep things on track a little while longer. That's all I'm sayin'....

... And I realize it was a passing refernece by the OP and the rest of the analysis was well-thought out and presented. It's just that we all know that it doesn't take much to get the "anti-" posts a-flyin' -- so a little more care to an otherwise good thread idea might have helped keep things on track a little while longer. That's all I'm sayin'....

Or just understand that the narration is such a part of the show that it's hard to NOT comment on it.

Or just understand that the narration is such a part of the show that it's hard to NOT comment on it.

Maybe, but if I started a thread about the Colts guard or the Blue Knight bass line (for example), I would expect folks to talk about that specific area and not immediately delve into the overall respective show concepts .... I think that's fair enough to expect.

Just got to see the clips of the full run-through. Guard has improved dramatically in the week or so between the two clips I've seen. I love the "reset" drill in Blue Shades. Transition from Blue Shades to Chorale doesn't work yet but everyone has transitions to work out at this time of year. Horns really stayed strong throughout the show and drums VERY clean. I don't at all agree with the poster who said they sound like they did last year - they were struggling big-time to just finish the show without running out of breath at this time last year. This year's corps sounds much more confident and has much more stamina.

I just downloaded the no-narration version of the show and... WOW! Some great stuff here. Lovin' the closer, especially. It really feels like a 2001 type show, no real theme, just great music and drill.

Hopefully I'll actually be able to hear it on the field...

Edited by crashhelmi36

I love the music selection and Jay Bocook is my favorite arranger ever for the field. Those strong chords just sound amazing!! The show definitly has great music, I can't seem to remember the ballad. I'm gonna say it, the narration in the opener and closer really don't bother me all too much. But I feel that it takes too long to get into blueshades and I become inpatience. But by this time of year they look great and the clip I saw was from the 7th! I don't want to imagine them a week and a half later. I am sure that the show won't flow smoothly till July, as most shows don't in June. The hornline is sounding really good and I am excited to see them on Friday.