The Cadets 2007 Horns, Drums, Guard and Drill

Well, I think the Cadets have a great show in the works. Key phrase there is "in the works". Although the vantage point of the video wasn't great, the visual book looks challenges once again and the corps is performing it well already. The brass book sounds great too.

I will make a brief comment on the narration (but it will be constructive) I like aspects of it, alot and other parts I think get in the way. I look forward to seeing this aspect of their program develop throughout the summer.

I'll say that I generally don't care for the narration in the opener...I hope they trim it a bit, work a little more on wording and on inflection...

I generally DO appreciate the narration in Blue Shades because it is integrated very well (IMO) with the music and makes this second piece a bit of a miniproduction, I can understand the feel/mood they're going for...

and, I do like what they're going for at the beginning of the closer, I actually think that's pretty well written and I appreciate that (if I'm remembering correctly) they let the closer stand on its own from there. And a CLASSIC closer for them, it's looking like. A lot of fun.

*still optimistic*

Edited by chris ncsu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! This topic is specifically intended to exclude any discussion of narration and already people are mentioning it. This just affirms my utter disdain with the general awareness that people bring to DCP. What makes matters worse, is now I have stooped to the level of all you reckless posters out there and I'm mentioning narration myself. AHHHH!

narration

WOW!!! This topic is specifically intended to exclude any discussion of narration and already people are mentioning it. This just affirms my utter disdain with the general awareness that people bring to DCP. What makes matters worse, is now I have stooped to the level of all you reckless posters out there and I'm mentioning narration myself. AHHHH!

... Except that the OP couldn't get through 3 sentences of show analysis without mentioning it himself (herself?). I'm all for having a thread with restrictions on what should be discussed within ..... but it's hard to expect everyone to follow those instructions when the OP won't even comply in the first post!!!!

... Except that the OP couldn't get through 3 sentences of show analysis without mentioning it himself (herself?). I'm all for having a thread with restrictions on what should be discussed within ..... but it's hard to expect everyone to follow those instructions when the OP won't even comply in the first post!!!!

yeah!!! f####in' OP! what are you thinking mentioning narration in order to let others know about the purpose of this thread!

yeah!!! f####in' OP! what are you thinking mentioning narration in order to let others know about the purpose of this thread!

Not in his/her first paragraph where the rules were established. But later in the supposedly "narration free" analysis that followed, it only took 3 sentences to say (paraphrasing) "well, the narration may be problematic, but ...."

Look, if the OP can't figure out a way to analyze the show without putting a narration-caveat in, then how can he/she expect the thread not to respond in kind..?

As they say incessantly on "Law and Order" -- He opened the door, your honor .....

I suggest someone try again -- post the rules ... AND THEN STICK TO THEM!!!!

Edited by Liam