• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey George, since it seems you have a constant internet connection,

could you kindly take your blackberry to the pressbox so DCI can use it to

broadcast the show live?

If DCI was relying on any network utilities that the Navy provides they were doomed from the start! They are far behind the #1 service (USAF) in network capabilities. I know that from experience.

Say George,

Do us a favor and pleeeeeeze give us some commentary when you can. Perhaps DCI would be kind enough to share part of my

plantinum membership dues with you for your assistance.

Since when was streaming audio/video over a broadband connection a difficult thing to do? It's basically just webcam technology, right?

It doesn't matter anyway... although I've subscribed in the past, I'm not about to spend $90.00 or $15.00 per event. Only $10.00 less than an actual ticket? C'mon.

Comparing DCI and MLB just isn't right. Drum corps is a youth activity. Unfortunately, DCI has shifted to the "big business" model when dealing with fans. Quite frankly, I cannot AFFORD to enjoy drum corps as much as I would like to anymore.

Hey George, since it seems you have a constant internet connection,

could you kindly take your blackberry to the pressbox so DCI can use it to

broadcast the show live?

I would but I don't think my little blackberry could run a webcast!! If I could I would / I feel for you guys!!

In related guy-news - Miss America is here and just walked down my aisle toward the field. Yummy.

Comparing DCI and MLB just isn't right. Drum corps is a youth activity. Unfortunately, DCI has shifted to the "big business" model when dealing with fans. Quite frankly, I cannot AFFORD to enjoy drum corps as much as I would like to anymore.

I only compared them because they are about the same on price (DCI being 5 cents more). DCI chose to price that way, which invites the comparison.

so how does everyone think dci will make up for this catastrophe? They've gotta do something special because they may very well lose a ton of business because of this.

1. Yes, it's annoying that we haven't gotten a live feed yet. It's still not stepoff time. They could fix it. I'm no holding my breath, but they could.

2. I'm still going to get the show on VOD, which is what I wanted anyway.

3. As long as DCI has a VOD backup for any other stream failures, I'll be satisfied.