Red Pony

I was pleasantly surprised with Crowns version of The Red Pony. How would you rate it with some other versions of it. I'm sure other corps have played it, but these are the ones that come to mind.

For me, it can't get much better than SCV '85.

The placement is wrong. Good arrangement, but that part of the score was designed to be "finale" music - the way SCV used it in '85. If there's a weakness in their overall design this year, that's it for me; two finale pieces in one show.

But what are ya gonna do? If you're using the Rossini, it's gonna go in the final slot in the line-up, so...

Edited by mobrien

Hm.. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this. Red Pony is one of my favorite pieces that I have ever performed on a football field.

Didn't Troopers also perform "Red Pony" in 1986? I think they didn't, but wouldn't swear on it. I also like SCV's 85 version the best.

You forgot the most recent version... Colts 05

Don't forget BK '92 :)

I'm still partial to Cadets 96... I love that show. One of the 3 that got me hooked on the activity that year.

Didn't get to hear Crown - I got home in time to catch about the last 1:30 of Cavaliers :(

So of the ones I have heard --- SCV 1985