What officially constitutes Vanguard "being back"?

When nobody says "Vanguard's back."

Precisely!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So most of you are saying that placement is what constitutes a good year for SCV? I think sticking to their guns and putting together a show that both they and the fans really enjoy are what makes them great!

BEAT YOUR RIVAL - Beat (or at least tie) BD's in number of victories in head-to-head shows (aka...Own the left coast)

I can't buy that. With the Devs in your back yard I don't believe that is a reasonable criteria, at least not if applied on a perennial basis. Would you say that in 82, 86, or 88 that SCV was off competitively?

So most of you are saying that placement is what constitutes a good year for SCV? I think sticking to their guns and putting together a show that both they and the fans really enjoy are what makes them great!

It is a competitive activity - scores count - as do all the things you allude to.

It is a competitive activity - scores count - as do all the things you allude to.

Fair enough, I agree. I'm just saying it's not the be all and end all and what constitutes SCV being who they are and always have been.

Fair enough, I agree. I'm just saying it's not the be all and end all and what constitutes SCV being who they are and always have been.

I agree and I think that is exactly why you just can't "officially" define such a concept. We all have our own expectations based upon our individual perspectives.

When was the last time they beat BD? Or scored within 0.5 of them?

The last time SCV beat BD was June 26, 2004 in Seattle WA

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 80.150

2 Blue Devils 79.800

There were three shows after that when they were within 0.5:

June 27, 2004 Kelso WA

1 Blue Devils 81.300

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 81.000

July 1, 2004 Modesto CA

1 Blue Devils 81.000

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 80.750

July 18, 2004 Jacksonville AL

1 Blue Devils 89.700

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 89.650

8th and 6th is not the Vanguard I know.

They need to be top 5.

You say 6th place is bad but coming off of an 8th place finish when everyone thought they were out of finals.....Face it, if SCV had not done what they did last year then this year might not have been what it is currently.