New introductions

Did DCI announce somewhere that the format of corps introductions was changing? At the Annapolis show, the introductions (done by Dan Potter) went something like this:

"Please welcome to the field... <corps name>!"

Pause for a bit as the corps comes on to the field. May warm up, may not.

"Drum Major, <name>, is your corps ready?"

Drum major salutes

"Drum Corps International is proud to present, from <city>, <corps>!"

And then the show starts.

I probably missed the announcement that the format was going to change. I actually like the new way -- just takes a little getting used to.

Van

I'm sorry I just really don't want to hear it this way

I can deal with amps.

I can deal with narration.

But for the love of god just keep announcements the same.

Is it really that big of a deal?

I've found that last summer aside from the major regionals, every show that I went to varied the introductions of each corps. I'm guessing we'll find the same this summer.

It really isn't that big of a deal, it just seams like a very unnecessary change. What's the point?

Really the only change from what I understand, is the removal of the question "Are the judges ready?" Which is rather pointless when you think about it, because the judges are ready (or should be) as soon as they have the sheet and recorder in their hands. I onlt heard little bits on the Annapolis webcast (audio kept cutting out), so I don't know if anything else was removed.

The only reasoning I can think of is that it keeps announcements short and to the point, rather than wasting time on the field, this plus the extended warm up/performance time, means longer shows can be put on the field as well.

different announcers do different things.

just b/c it happened one way at one show does not mean it will be the same at another show.

different announcers do different things.

just b/c it happened one way at one show does not mean it will be the same at another show.

Didn't it happen at two shows, though?