Fairfield, OH--Madison Scouts FIRST SHOW!

I am honestly shocked at Madison's score

I am too. I thought they'd be like 68/69. Man Sal really ###### things up last year. Especially when you consider what a great job in did in rebuilding after 2002.

*edited for filter circumvention TS

Edited by Toby

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am honestly shocked at Madison's score

I'm not. No offense, but look at the people they have on staff this year. Look at the people that they had on staff last year. Colin McNutt, Sal Salas, that brass guy. Their whole staff is completely different.

I expected this.

I am too. I thought they'd be like 68/69. Man Sal really ###### things up last year. Especially when you consider what a great job in did in rebuilding after 2002.

I know a corps that was in Fairfield tonight that is very happy that the Madison BOD sent Sal Salas their way.

*edited for quote cleaning TS

I know a corps that was in Fairfield tonight that is very happy that the Madison BOD sent Sal Salas their way.

*edited for quote cleaning TS

Well give him a couple years with Glassmen and see how he does. Maybe I'm over-racting - afterall I loved 2003-2005, but what the **** was that last year?

(copying this post from another thread into this more appropriate contest thread...)

well, if Scouts can improve FIVE POINTS in three days like the winner of this contest tonight (Fairfield, OH), that would put them right back in the ball park, wouldn't it?

At this rate of scoring improvement, I predict Cadets will score a 90 in about a week and a half...

<sarcasm> :P

Edited by GGarrett

was that really necessary?

LOL.

You know what I find funny? Last year, Cadets had significant chunks of show not done at this point, mostly in color guard, but got the credit for it anyway. When the stuff was added, the score jumped dramatically.

Life isn't always fair. Just like when the Cadets got a loan from DCI this year to open the season...although I am sure that didn't make the front page. Wonder if they would give Magic the same loan?

Elmo Blatch

*edited for filter circumvention TS

I'm just curious about why the score is such a surprise. Nothing produces success like consistency, and complete staff/director turnover is not that. They were a bit shaky last year, then turmoil, then a new approach, which makes even the returning members have to start over to some extent.

They may have the "Madison Mystique" but that is still a lot for any organization to go through. My guess was they would be on the bubble this year, and that currently seems about right. They look to be within the same pack they were in last year, so that is not exactly failure.

Now, the uniforms on the other hand..... :sshh: