DCP Out of Control?

Being passionate is one thing, attacking others is another. I am very passionate about my viewpoints and never had a post edited. If you just want to lambast people, go to RAMD and enjoy yourself. This is for civilized yet passionate discussions. B)

I appreciate what the mods do, thank you mods!

w/Stp: <--- sans stupid

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as "founder" who has no official role anymore - I feel the need to poke my nose in for a second...

IMO the mod team has never done a better job than they are doing lately - never

I also believe as a site "ages" you tend to pick up baggage along the way - let's just call the "pot-stirrers" - very often dealing directly with 5-10 folks will eliminate 90% of the issues a site like this will see. It may be time to take a look at the ten biggest offenders and give them a vacation from DCP - say 3 months.

<snip>

So - anyway - I think they are doing a great job & I think they may want to get together and pick the ten worst "pot-stirrers" to send on vacation until September.

Anyway- carry on!!

Good job,

George

I absolutely agree with Mr. Dixon's post. In fact, it reminded me the message that I sent to George and Mike new back on January 27, 2003 resiging my position as a DCP moderator for these very reasons. Pasted below, for informational purposes, is the text from that resignation message (with the names of certain individuals deleted to protect their privacy).

------------------------------------Begin copied text------------------------------------------------------

(letter text removed - MikeN)

---------------------------End copied text---------------------------------------------

Respectfully submitted,

Michael Terry

How, exactly, do you build a better community by insulting the user base behind closed doors?

My point is this: If you (and George) feel there are people who need to be let go, name names...even if I'm one of them. Seriously.

Let's go ahead and excise the cancer now, tighten up the moderation and talk drum corps.

By doing nothing, you let those people win and destroy your vision/give up modding and creating content/ etc.

Who cares if people get ticked off? They'll get over it. Ban them, IP ban them, brook no insolence in talking crap about other corps, and get this place to what George/John/Rich/mods/members/staff/ want.

How, exactly, do you build a better community by insulting the user base behind closed doors?

My point is this: If you (and George) feel there are people who need to be let go, name names...even if I'm one of them. Seriously.

Let's go ahead and excise the cancer now, tighten up the moderation and talk drum corps.

By doing nothing, you let those people win and destroy your vision/give up modding and creating content/ etc.

Who cares if people get ticked off? They'll get over it. Ban them, IP ban them, brook no insolence in talking crap about other corps, and get this place to what George/John/Rich/mods/members/staff/ want.

Have to agree and I question what the "problem children" are doing that they are causing such trouble but are still on DCP. Seem to get a hint of "mods have to do what they do because of trouble makers" in some responses. Hey, if the trouble makers are not following rules and refuse to follow the rules then the door should hit them in the butt on the way out. Would be a life lesson for them as that's what would happen in the real world.

Closing topic - this thread has pretty well run its course. If there are specific concerns about DCP service, please send them to a Forum Support Team member (such as me) via PM. More general concerns can be posted in this forum.

Many thanks!

Mike