How is it that?

Right, but in the long run, none of that bull #### matters, and it shouldn't here.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, but in the long run, none of that bull #### matters, and it shouldn't here.

Oh, it doesn't, at least as far as I can tell.

Forums like these, just like in the sports world (or any competitive kinda activity) is just for people to hear themselves talk for the most part...myself included.

Anyone who uses DCP as a barometer for their own personal enjoyment of a show isn't getting what they should be out of the activity, anyway.

Oh, it doesn't, at least as far as I can tell.

Forums like these, just like in the sports world (or any competitive kinda activity) is just for people to hear themselves talk for the most part...myself included.

Anyone who uses DCP as a barometer for their own personal enjoyment of a show isn't getting what they should be out of the activity, anyway.

You are exactly right. Unfortunately, I think the majority of people on this site get their opinion of a group based on what they read in reviews, from judges, etc. rather than seeing a corps perform.

Considering that most of the people that read this site will never see a lot of these corps perform live, or will only see the ESPN 2 minutes, we are in a sad world when it comes to good honest information, or solid opinions based on PERSONAL viewings.

In my opinion, it's one thing to say "Ok, I predict that ______ will be in 6th place this season." It's another to say after one show, "Holy crap. They suck. They aren't going to do anything this season. They have such a low score."

Predictions are great and all, but seriously, we're only 4 days into the season. Maybe around mid-July we'll have a better understanding of where corps may place, but don't make a corps season dead in the water after one show.

Any of the top 6 from last year could have a rough season, and any of the bottom 6 from last year can have a great season.

In my opinion, it's one thing to say "Ok, I predict that ______ will be in 6th place this season." It's another to say after one show, "Holy crap. They suck. They aren't going to do anything this season. They have such a low score."

Predictions are great and all, but seriously, we're only 4 days into the season. Maybe around mid-July we'll have a better understanding of where corps may place, but don't make a corps season dead in the water after one show.

Any of the top 6 from last year could have a rough season, and any of the bottom 6 from last year can have a great season.

Once again, exactly. Unfortunately there are soooo many people on here talking about how bad a corps is and they weren't in Fairfield.

Hell. I wasn't in Fairfield, but I was in Marshall, WI on Saturday, and saw a solid show, well designed, TAUGHT BY GREAT STAFF TO GREAT MEMBERS GIVEN TO THEM BY GREAT DESIGNERS, but that's just MY OPINION BASED ON THE REALITY OF SEEING A CORPS, and NOT BASING IT OFF SOMEONE WHO HASN"T SEEN THE ####### SHOW.

But I guess you don't have to see a group to say you don't like them, as long as one of your buddies on "The National DCP ENQUIRER" gives a thought, you get an opinion for doing nothing more than reading a message board.

there is only one person in this whole topic that is not an idiot and it is toddschultz. It was their first competition as a whole going against people that have already been critiqued by judges. Their drumline consists of one vet so they need to work on playing together. What killed them last night was music. To me all they need to do is work on that. They beat the glassmen in GE and would have beaten them in visual if the guard was a little better. All the things that went wrong can be fixed by august. Give them a break there are still 30 competitions to go.

IT"S NOT SHAKING OUT YET!

But last time I checked, the first month of a professional sports team has nothing to do with the end result in the season, and the same holds true in drum corps.

First off the firstst month of a professional sport season does factor in to the end result of the season, but that's because they have a playoff system based on the records of one-on-one competition. For example, if the Packers had beaten St Louis in week 3 they would've been 9-7 and made the playoffs.

As far as slotting I agree that it is way too early to count most corps out of finals (sorry Pioneer). That being said it isn't too early to start seeing groups forming. I think it is safe to say that Scous won't beat Phantom this year, but they could easily end up in finals, or in 14th.

FInally, the DivI activity isn't as competitive below the top 6 as it was in the mid 80s, but it is much more competitive than the mid 90s. The growth of DivI corps in the last few years is great to see and hopefully it can continue as Academy grows, Cap Regiment comes back, etc.

there is only one person in this whole topic that is not an idiot and it is toddschultz. It was their first competition as a whole going against people that have already been critiqued by judges. Their drumline consists of one vet so they need to work on playing together. What killed them last night was music. To me all they need to do is work on that. They beat the glassmen in GE and would have beaten them in visual if the guard was a little better. All the things that went wrong can be fixed by august. Give them a break there are still 30 competitions to go.

Silver King, let's not go around judging people, it's hard enough that most have difficulty formulating their own opinions, people don't need to be called idiots.

It's bad enough that I say things about people that haven't seen or heard a note but "know" what's going on with certain corps. I shouldn't do that, everyone should be allowed to make up conspiracy theories because they heard from a friend who read it on DCP that talked to some corps members brother in Australia that certain corps are not great after one night.

Silver King, let's not go around judging people, it's hard enough that most have difficulty formulating their own opinions, people don't need to be called idiots.

It's bad enough that I say things about people that haven't seen or heard a note but "know" what's going on with certain corps. I shouldn't do that, everyone should be allowed to make up conspiracy theories because they heard from a friend who read it on DCP that talked to some corps members brother in Australia that certain corps are not great after one night.

Sounds like the Scouts only chance of making Finals in 2007 is to re-declare themselves a "DIV II" Drum Corps.

I will be seeing the Scouts this coming weekend and be able to critique their show for myself after a first hand viewing.

Let's hope the Scouts have made even a modicum of progress both show-whise and score-whise by this coming weekend.

Hell. I wasn't in Fairfield, but I was in Marshall, WI on Saturday, and saw a solid show, well designed, TAUGHT BY GREAT STAFF TO GREAT MEMBERS GIVEN TO THEM BY GREAT DESIGNERS, but that's just MY OPINION BASED ON THE REALITY OF SEEING A CORPS, and NOT BASING IT OFF SOMEONE WHO HASN"T SEEN THE ####### SHOW.

I think your opinion is also based upon seeing them through the eyes of love, which may not be the best assessment of reality

They opened up weekly by their own standards, it does not mean they are doomed, just that they have a lot of work to do.

Although, a few of the doubting Thomas’ seem to have been vindicated