Madison Scouts 2007

I saw Scott Stewart today at Kiltie rehearsal. He was talking to a former Scout about them redoing the whole drill.

I haven't seen Scott in 16 years, and he remembered me, by name. Unreal. He also said he remembered me with a little more hair. :)

That's cool but what does this have to do with today's show?

I think Scott has left us in junior corps behind him. Glad he remembered you, though.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool but what does this have to do with today's show?

I think Scott has left us in junior corps behind him. Glad he remembered you, though.

He doesn't have anything to do with today's show/Scouts, obviously. The former Scout brought it up, and that was about it.

^OO^ - much better. I'm glad I could see the last few minutes of the video this time. It looks like the pit is set up a little different - more of an angle on the ends. 4th tenor??? When???

I saw Scott Stewart today at Kiltie rehearsal. He was talking to a former Scout about them redoing the whole drill.

I haven't seen Scott in 16 years, and he remembered me, by name. Unreal. He also said he remembered me with a little more hair. :)

(barkermarker @ Jul 21 2007, 06:35 PM)

Scott remembers everyone who ever marched - it's amazing.

He has not left the junior corps behind. I talked to him on Saturday night and he still loves the Scouts.

OK guys, I don't really care what the judges are seeing but that show is SMOKIN' !!!! It was the first show in a LONG time that ended and I went "It's over? That was too short!" From they way they enter the field, Cashemere, everything. I looked at my wife about half way through the show and she looked at me and we were just grinning from ear to ear. I have no clue what the show was like earlier but in Denton last all I can say is #### that was good. And the crowd response was great also. Regardless of score they are winning the entertainment competition.

:wink::wink::wink:

:P

I watched all of the shows from San Antonio via web cast on Saturday. I thought the Scouts' show was easily the most entertaining show in the afternoon. I also enjoyed Crown's evening show. I have tried very hard not to rant this year about the nonsense otherwise known as DCI judging/slotting. I think the biggest downside to the judging debacle is that regional/national evening audiences don't get to enjoy the most entertaining shows and must sit though a lot of that boring techno-dissonant stuff.

Vic Russell

Glad to see after watching the Indianapolis show that the 4th tenor is finally doing shows. I'll have to go back and check S.A. and Atlanta, but I think the ending of the drum solo is different as well as the battery parts at the end of the show. The end sound much like the endings from late 80's, as well as a few of more recent years - I like ^OO^ . Each time I get to see them, there is much improvement. Love all the partial Fleur de Lis.

Some good news - John Georgeson (brass arranger) joined the corps last night, and will be with them for the rest of tour ----- ^OO^ After seeing him in action at the April camp and Open House - this bodes well.

Some good news - John Georgeson (brass arranger) joined the corps last night, and will be with them for the rest of tour ----- ^OO^ After seeing him in action at the April camp and Open House - this bodes well.

Very good to hear - John is probably the best teacher I've had!

Can someone tell me what BYBO means?I've heard it many times when the Scouts are taking the field..and its on my Madison Scouts shirt....yet I don't know what it means and I'm just curious...