Madison Scouts 2007

One more thing I found out from the Scouts mom this morning. The intro/Uninvited is now not the warm up, but PART OF THE SHOW. Yes. Obviously this is a great idea. I think it's the best part of the show.

I knew this was a possibility. They read my mind. This is very good news.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I saw Madison in Buffalo and Allentown and very much enjoyed their show both nights. I really hope they can clean it up, because I want them on the finals dvd. (Yes, I understand that's irrationally optimistic.) If they can't clean it up, looks like I'll have to get their 2007 tour dvd (at least I really hope they're planning one). I loved Kashmir and bought a tour shirt to say so. You know, I believe there's a show that will be on the 2007 finals dvd that I'd really like to replace with this one. :sshh:

:doh:

:P

Right on!,..............I saw the Buffalo show as well,..................and now with putting the intro into the show,...........will help immensely,.................now if they would just get rid of the downer ending and do Living Loving Maid or Whole Lotta Love!

now if they would just get rid of the downer ending and do ........... Whole Lotta Love!

Can you imagine the bass drum part to Whole Lotta Love!!!!!

now if they would just get rid of the downer ending

They've got a new "classic Madison loud ending"

Ummm no. I don't care what the corps history is...when they appear as a shadow of their former self...I'm thinking Blue Stars 1990s era....it's not pretty. The Scouts have made huge strides over the course of this season but it makes one think of how vulnerable any of these precious entities called drum corps are.

Umm...

I know that your intentions were good in the above quote, and I read your apology to Brent, but I'm a little concerned about how much of this is being presented in this format. If someone having no knowledge of the activity from before 2003 were reading this thread, they would think that the Blue Stars were some kind of rag tag outfit prior to recent history (last three to five years.) You even described the 1990 era Blue Stars as "not pretty."

Again, I know you meant well, but both you and Brent should recall the successes of the Blue Stars throughout the 1990's. I could be mistaken, but didn't their only World Championship title come in the 1990's? I know they won numerous DCM Div. III or Div. II Championship titles (I can't recall the DCI Div. II-III records). They were an extremely solid Div. III corps during the 1990's, and I always enjoyed them and respected their ability to put an incredibly competitive product on the field. Without question, they had several years where "quality beats quantity" was more than evident.

Along with you, I celebrate their successful return to Div. I, but I'll never forget how they were always solid contenders and champions in their Div. II-III days, working just as hard as the current Blue Stars. The corps/organization has grown strong over the past several seasons, but the Blue Stars have always been great. To suggest that they're only recently "righting the ship" is in my opinion inaccurate. Let's give credit where credit is due, and not devalue the successes of the past.

This is not a shot, just a reminder of a great corps legacy. :)

From today...

66.075 pioneer

70.3 troopers

70.675 Cascades

71.35 southwind

73.075 Crossmen

73.15 Madison

75.2 Blue stars

75.55 Spirit

77.375 glassmen

78.625 Colts

79.95 Boston

Only about two points off the 12th place corps today. :)