My Kind of Town

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Cadets.....they DESERVED to win brass, contrary to popular belief.

Indeed they did deserve it.

That show was interesting, but it seemed a bit against type for them. They do best when they efficiently and creatively portray one simple idea, and the topic of "Chicago" was overly broad, resulting in a mishmash of styles pushed together. All well done but not completely cohesive.

I personally couldn't get past those guard outfits. I know they were based on the Hancock building and the colored routes of the 'el' train, but from a distance they come off as form-fitting, sleeveless, lattice-printed nightmares. Especially when combined with the changing of the little hats. Yuck.

When the Cavaliers do one of their 'fun' shows, they strike me as similar to Cadets '91 or '06 ventures. A temporary experiment with something different, where they bring some ideas from it into the next, more comfortable show (see Cadets '07).

I agree.

Yeah, those guard uniforms were just plain bad.

It was a choatic show and the contra player falling in the first couple minutes ruined it for me. JK. But seriously, the show was just a WGSOMM (Whole General Sort of Mish Mash) that I just couldn't get into.

I was in Foxboro in 2005 and honestly the show didn't do it for me at all. The music was pretty cool in parts, but something about it just didn't work. /shrug

Uh - just to set the story straight...

The announcer made a mistake and first said Phantom had won high brass - folks BOOED the mistake when they announced the correct Brass winner.

To set the record more straight, the Cavaliers and Phantom were announced as tying for the brass trophy.

Uh - just to set the story straight...

The announcer made a mistake and first said Phantom had won high brass - folks BOOED the mistake when they announced the correct Brass winner.

That should never happen

No one around me thought Phantom had won high brass - we were sitting there disgusted at the MISTAKE. Cadets were in a league of their own that year in brass, percussion & guard.

Phantom's brass was dirty in 2005. The trumpet feature was an example.

Phantom's brass was dirty in 2005. The trumpet feature was an example.

A disparaging remark about Phantom's brass here on DCP?! Wow, miracles never cease.

I do see the parallel between 05 and 07. Well executed shows that are going up against very tough competition. No coincidence that I don't care for 05 or 07 so far :(

Personally, I didn't really enjoy it. Didn't have a wow factor for me. Somewhat bored through alot of it.

To set the record more straight, the Cavaliers and Phantom were announced as tying for the brass trophy.

Even though this is off-topic...

I was sitting up front for the awards that night. Pat Siedling was beside himself. He was laying into anyone who would listen.

I'd be pretty upset too for that mistake...