HTH are Cadets winning?

So, in all seriousness, how are the Cadets winning? Is there a grand-canyon-chasm between fan thoughts and GE? Are they getting lots of brass credit hidden behind unjudged speech? I really have no idea... how can most fans be as put off as they are, and still see the Cadets winning? What's going on?

They march well, play well and judging likes voice I guess. Do fans really matter anymore anyway ??

~G~

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They march well, play well and judging likes voice I guess. Do fans really matter anymore anyway ??

~G~

To the contrary, there are still people out there who love Cadets' show this year, given there is a lot of cheesy narration. I for one am guilty of rushing to judgement about their show just from seeing the Youtube clip they first put out. But I have seen lately that the show is getting much better and the kids are performing the hell out of it. For that, I think the Cadets deserve a lot of credit for what they are doing out there even if the narration is detracting from the show. They still march and play well in my opinion.

This doesn't deal with narration specifically, but does anyone else agree that the "cheese" factor is getting a little out of hand across the board? I'll even dog on my beloved Bluecoats... the "beat-boxing" can go. The narration is fine.

I want to be able to show my adult musician friends how cool drum corps is. Oh, wait a second... DRUM CORPS IS A YOUTH ACTIVITY. I try to do my best to keep in touch with what younger people are diggin' (I'm 29). If they like it, let it be. They are the future of this activity.

My apologies for this uncohesive rambling.

Edited by midwesternlull

To the contrary, there are still people out there who love Cadets' show this year, given there is a lot of cheesy narration. I for one am guilty of rushing to judgement about their show just from seeing the Youtube clip they first put out. But I have seen lately that the show is getting much better and the kids are performing the hell out of it. For that, I think the Cadets deserve a lot of credit for what they are doing out there even if the narration is detracting from the show. They still march and play well in my opinion.

So far, on insignificant DCP, the majority of comments have been favorable to the marching, playing and spinning, but are distracted by the narration, wnat it gone, wonder why its there, and could do without it. So then that part of the show is keeping fans dismayed....fans dont matter. Hey, Cadets are gonna dow hat they want, fans for or against this show or the narration of the show will not factor in the outcome of design as the season progresses.

I find it odd though that narration is there just because, when you strip it down, you can please more people by removing it than keeping it in, but I and my opinion are not important, none of ours are important, only what they want to do.

~G~

So far, on insignificant DCP, the majority of comments have been favorable to the marching, playing and spinning, but are distracted by the narration, wnat it gone, wonder why its there, and could do without it. So then that part of the show is keeping fans dismayed....fans dont matter. Hey, Cadets are gonna dow hat they want, fans for or against this show or the narration of the show will not factor in the outcome of design as the season progresses.

I find it odd though that narration is there just because, when you strip it down, you can please more people by removing it than keeping it in, but I and my opinion are not important, none of ours are important, only what they want to do.

~G~

You may feel that way but there are still a lot of fans out there (and even people who are not fans) who like the show. So maybe some opinions are important.

So far, on insignificant DCP, the majority of comments have been favorable to the marching, playing and spinning, but are distracted by the narration, wnat it gone, wonder why its there, and could do without it.

~G~

though how many on DCP have actually seen the show in person? 2000Cadet even admitted that he was swayed by the youtube clip from spring training (even I thought it was a bit much) however that WAS spring training and lots of things still need to be worked out.

I can say that I found it to be less offensive in person than it was on the clips I had seen...

I think that this thread is entirely... false.

MAYBE 80% of the DCP fan base don't like Cadets 07. They recieved a standing O before the show was even over at firstbeat last night. Next to Crown (homefield corps) they recieved BY FAR the best response... and it was a response that was strangely close to the homefield corps.

~>conner

though how many on DCP have actually seen the show in person? 2000Cadet even admitted that he was swayed by the youtube clip from spring training (even I thought it was a bit much) however that WAS spring training and lots of things still need to be worked out.

I can say that I found it to be less offensive in person than it was on the clips I had seen...

So how much of it has actually been dropped? To what can I look forward next week?

So how much of it has actually been dropped? To what can I look forward next week?

I'm not entirely sure, I saw them in Annapolis and the last recording I heard was from Pittsburgh...I was just pointing out how different it was between these shows and what I heard and saw from Spring training...

Looking forward to seeing them Friday at Westminster...

Edited by KingJoeVII