HTH are Cadets winning?

Thats a good point!

I actually enjoy the cadets typically. I am a fan of modern day drum corps, BUT, yeah.. if you dont like it, dont stick around!

I think thats a better call than all of the people talkin about stopping going to drum corps shows, and tryin to hit DCI with money etc.

If you only "hate" one corps, why try to hurt the whole circuit?

Just take that time out in the lot! lol.. its a good time out there still.

Sounds like a good plan, I would just like to caution everyone to at least give it a fair chance. I feel many people who have read the boards, or listened to a small preseason excerpt, or have preconceived notions about the narration in the show will not even stick around to hear it once. It is like when you find someone who is a picky eater - they tell you they don't like shrimp but will never even try a taste shirmp to validate (or to prove wrong) their stubborn mindset. If you stay for the show at least you will have a better idea of what you don't like so much.

Honestly, I dont think there is any performance in the world that is so unbearable that I would have to leave for the duration of an 11 1/2 minute show (although American Idol may prove me wrong...)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which suggests to me that the judging and fan communities are divided and that Cadets' staff is happy to exploit that division.

It just makes me thank God that fans are not responsible for assigning scores and it's a very good thing that we have judges. We all know how subjective those scores would be.

GO CADETS!!!

w/Stp:

I think the Cavaliers should change their show to an Elton John tribute 'cause I never really liked Billy Joel. The Bluecoats are sending a bad message with their show and need to change it to a show about recovery and "going straight" instead of a life of crime. Horse Racing isn't fair to the horses and promotes gambling. Carolina Crown should be cited by the SPCA and change their show title to Born Free.

/sarcasm off.

...well played :doh:

Also, I remember Hopkins doing a search for quality sound people. He knows judges will dock the corps if the presentation is poor.

Just what are the judges qualifications for Voice, Narration, etc ? Are these judges former or current singers ? Since Narration is a central component of a Corps show ( the " performer " afterall is not in the background, but is prominemtly displayed in front of the other " performers" ), do judges have a background in electronics in their professional training ? What constitutes " good narration " from " bad narration " anyway ? Is it the quality of the sound, or is it more the message integration with the musical and visuals components of the show ? What takes preference over the other ? And do judges have fundamental agreement among themselves on what constitutes " good narration " from " bad narration " ? These are fair questions to ask it seems to me, now that narration has become a central method of communicationg to an audience which once was accomplished exclusively by the integration of creative musicianship, interpretitive dance, and visual display.

Just CAN it all and let that hornline ROCK!!!!

Couldn't help but laugh at this. In a good way.

What are you talking about? That last Cadets narrator is Napoleon Dynamite himself! GOSH! I heard he's pretty good with a bo staff and some gang wanted him to join. I think they were the Cadets.

Seriously...dude sounded like him....

It just makes me thank God that fans are not responsible for assigning scores and it's a very good thing that we have judges. We all know how subjective those scores would be.

If fans did assign scores...oh god...the world would be a very scary place.

mommy!!!.............

Tator tots as a suggestion for a show? :doh: