Rockford, IL June 23, 2007

Thanks, Stephanie, for another great review!

:lol::lol::doh:

Did you notice how big the crowd was, despite meager advanced ticket sales? The walk-up sales were phenomenal! The rain held off again, and the lingering clouds gave us the added bonus of not having to peer into a bright sun for the first few corps. :lol:

How 'bout that PR percussion, eh? In the encore performance (which you missed) there were comments about whether Regiment might have won DCI titles outright in 1979, '89 and '96 had the 2007 drum line been around then. The encore was to die for despite the fact we did not get to hear this year's show again. For those who weren't there, Regiment took the crowd back in time with stirring arrangements from '96 (Defiant Heart), '91 (Nessun Dorma), '89 (New World Symphony) and a wonderful rendition of 1979's "Elsa's Procession into the Cathedral." :)

Yes, it is only June, and nobody's show is in August form. Most believe Regiment will -- as before -- add many things to improve their performance and GE scores. Among them are certain to be changes in those "black things" you referred to. Close your eyes and imagine beautiful artwork and colors that will greatly enhance the look of those panels and bring them into the "On Air" theme. Also, the single guard performer in those lovely wings may become a beautiful flock of birds (or butterflies?) flitting about the field. And anyone who knows Regiment's ability to "put teeth into their drill and GE design," already can see several places in the show where loads of nice stuff can (and will) be added. And don't forget the new silks that surely will appear as the season progresses.

Thanks also for the pic of a Beef-a-Roo restaurant, home of the very best fries in the world! :worthy:

On a final note, I hope you weren't referring to my neighborhood in your "ghetto" comment. :doh:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a final note, I hope you weren't referring to my neighborhood in your "ghetto" comment. :doh:

Gosh, I hope I wasn't, too! We were pretty nervous!! We were over past the high school but on State if that gives you any indication.

Scary scary scary.

We had a great time at the show. Next year, we'd love to meet you!

Stef

20030121_Dcp_1042_Beef-A-Roo_Sign.jpg

Wow, it looks kinda cold in Rockford for June..... :doh::doh:

What a great review Stef. I hope you go to more shows this summer! :)

Wow, it looks kinda cold in Rockford for June..... :doh::doh:

oh brother.

For the record, neither of the pictures shown were taken yesterday. They are just representative of our experience..

It's all show-biz, you know..

:doh:

Thanks for a fun review Stef! I have something to aspire to now when I get back from Kalamazoo on Saturday. :)

You know what, I don't think Rockford is that bad. It has a certain charm to it, as long as you avoid the really bad parts. Plus they have all those weird stores that aren't in Chicagoland, like Beef-a-Roo, Logli, and HILANDER.

Edited by The Nagging Cough!

Thanks, Stefanie, for another great review!

:doh::doh::doh:

Did you notice how big the crowd was, despite meager advanced ticket sales? The walk-up sales were phenomenal!

Hey......how about MY contributions????

Yep, it WAS a big crowd (cue the Cozy Baker shout-out music)--we sat in front of Dr. Kampschroer and saw Sam Flores and Mike Chiodo walk in together.

And later on Jim Anello's brother walked in front of us.

Of course, we were graced with the presence of the Original El Guapo. :doh:

I'll see some more of you at Cedarburg. B)

Yep, it WAS a big crowd (cue the Cozy Baker shout-out music)--we sat in front of Dr. Kampschroer

and honey... you deserve an award for that! :wub: