Who Goes Undefeated - A Poll

Undefeatedness-icity  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who stays undefeated?

• Cavaliers
    • Phantom
    • No perfect season for either

i chose neither but after hearing phantoms APD I'm almost tempted to say Phantom......but I'm sure my first answer is right. I can't believe how tight this is this year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was slightly dissapointed by Phantom's APD. I'm not sure the difficulty is there to keep winning. We'll see though.

i chose neither but after hearing phantoms APD I'm almost tempted to say Phantom......but I'm sure my first answer is right. I can't believe how tight this is this year.
I was slightly dissapointed by Phantom's APD. I'm not sure the difficulty is there to keep winning. We'll see though.

This right here is why arguing about which corps is better on an internet forum is quite silly. To be honest, I am quite aghast at myself that I've been doing it as long as I've been doing it.

I mean, both of you guys -I'm assuming- are reasonably intelligent people who have experience in drum corps...you both listened to the same APD, and each one of you came away with a completely different impression. I mean, this isn't unnatural, it harkens back to a post I made recently about how you will find someone out there who will disagree with your opinion, no matter how popular, in every facet of life. Humanity seems to need that sort of duality/conflict. I listened to that APD and thought to myself: That's a good show, but can it win? After only one listen, I don't know. Then again, after only one listen I would never have guessed that Cadets 2005, Cavaliers 2004, Blue Devils 2003, etc. would have won it all.

I guess I'm just wondering out loud...I am just ticked with myself that I've spent so much time debating other people's opinions for so many years...as if they could have any impact on what my personal opinion of a show was. What a McGovern I've been! ($1 to Nixon's head).

"Is there a blessing for the Tsar? Why yes...may God bless and keep the Tsar...FAR AWAY FROM US!"

I've been wanting to make that Fiddler reference for weeks.

Anyway, carry on.

This right here is why arguing about which corps is better on an internet forum is quite silly. To be honest, I am quite aghast at myself that I've been doing it as long as I've been doing it.

I mean, both of you guys -I'm assuming- are reasonably intelligent people who have experience in drum corps...you both listened to the same APD, and each one of you came away with a completely different impression. I mean, this isn't unnatural, it harkens back to a post I made recently about how you will find someone out there who will disagree with your opinion, no matter how popular, in every facet of life. Humanity seems to need that sort of duality/conflict. I listened to that APD and thought to myself: That's a good show, but can it win? After only one listen, I don't know. Then again, after only one listen I would never have guessed that Cadets 2005, Cavaliers 2004, Blue Devils 2003, etc. would have won it all.

I guess I'm just wondering out loud...I am just ticked with myself that I've spent so much time debating other people's opinions for so many years...as if they could have any impact on what my personal opinion of a show was. What a McGovern I've been! ($1 to Nixon's head).

I was merely making a point about the difficulty of music. Difficulty isn't subjective. Judges know that x is harder to play then y. Judges balance difficulty and execution to find the score that x corps deserves. This forum is here to discuss our ideas and opinions on this and other subject matters. Through discussion, those of us who are interested can dissect a show and come up with our own opinionated conclusions. I like dissenting opinions, because frankly I can't think of it all.

I was merely making a point about the difficulty of music. Difficulty isn't subjective. Judges know that x is harder to play then y. Judges balance difficulty and execution to find the score that x corps deserves. This forum is here to discuss our ideas and opinions on this and other subject matters. Through discussion, those of us who are interested can dissect a show and come up with our own opinionated conclusions. I like dissenting opinions, because frankly I can't think of it all.

See, but this is where I would point out that Cavaliers 2002 and 2006 had -what is in my opinion- easier music than Regiment. But that didn't matter. And we're right back at arguing opinions! :P

Heh heh.

Understand, I was not taking you to task. I was taking ME to task.

See, but this is where I would point out that Cavaliers 2002 and 2006 had -what is in my opinion- easier music than Regiment. But that didn't matter. And we're right back at arguing opinions! :P

Heh heh.

Understand, I was not taking you to task. I was taking ME to task.

See, everyone on these forums should know that the only opinion that matters is the judges'. But only through argument can you get a different perspective on x show. We all think differently and therefore our opinions are worth stating. The dumb thing is arguing about arguing for which I am now guilty. Gosh.

Undefeated for 2007: Star, 27th, Magic, Cap Reg, etc etc etc.

you forgot about VK!

...oh wait :doh: