Cadets v Phantom

Cadets v Phantom  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win at Lexinton

• Cadets
    • Phantom

Am I the only one who's never been impressed by BD's drill design? Their color guard is always rockin', and hot ####, the corps can play, but for me, the Devils have always been much more fun to listen to than to watch.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D

Also...musically, I thought the 2005 show was one of the strongest that year. Everyone keeps talking about how it "wasn't Regiment," but I gotta cry: Baloney. They did a great job with both of those, AND the drill was also quite good.

You're not alone, my friend. I love the 2005 show. Certainly a departure for Regiment, but it's still classical music. It's not as if, say, the Blue Devils doing a show of Gregorian Chants.

I wonder if the same people who say that Gershwin isn't "Regiment" were outraged when PR firs did Death Hunt back in '93. I mean, movie music? :o

WOW! I just made it a tie game again. My nod went to Cadets based on... well, not much really except seeing the Encorps! video. I really like this show and wish them the best, as I do Regiment and all the other corps. I've not seen any of PR's production this year but know how tough they are. It's an interesting season, indeed!

Am I the only one who's never been impressed by BD's drill design?

No. Trust me, you aren't.

Am I the only one who's never been impressed by BD's drill design? Their color guard is always rockin', and hot ####, the corps can play, but for me, the Devils have always been much more fun to listen to than to watch.

I appreciate their staging. I appreciate the velocity with which they sometimes march. And I certainly appreciate their colour guard.

However, if I am being honest, I have not been impressed with their drill in most years. I thought 2006 was a pretty good year for them, but not as good as Regiment's. I thought 1997 was ok. My favourite BD drill was actually 1990.

I'm not saying that the Devils couldn't march stuff like Cavaliers or SCV creates...they just don't because that isn't Jay Murphy's style.

Apples and Oranges.

I also could not disagree more. The 2005 Phantom Regiment was, IMO, the best show on the field that year. Gershwin or not, they gave it a touch of typical Phantom class, and they definitely received the largest standing O on finals night. If you think that horn book was weak then you are sadly mistaken, and their visual program was one of the best things on the field that summer. From a design standpoint, I thought the Cadets show was weaker in 2005, they simply executed the heck out of it.

JW

wow - and I also could not disagree more. Cadets 2005 was a brilliantly designed program. But I did like the Phantom program as well - so we agree there!

wow - and I also could not disagree more. Cadets 2005 was a brilliantly designed program.

George, you thought the 2005 Cadets was brilliant???

SHOCK! AMAZEMENT! DUMBFOUNDEDNESS! (is that a word?)

:P

Just kidding of course.

I wonder if the same people who say that Gershwin isn't "Regiment" were outraged when PR firs did Death Hunt back in '93. I mean, movie music? :o

This pre-dates when Al Gore invented the Internet...so it was likely a non-issue

George, you thought the 2005 Cadets was brilliant???

SHOCK! AMAZEMENT! DUMBFOUNDEDNESS! (is that a word?)

:P

Just kidding of course.

well / I thought the 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004 programs were crappy designs - but you won't remmeber that part - now will you? :laugh:

1 The Cadets 80.000

2 Phantom Regiment 78.750

3 Carolina Crown 76.050

4 Boston Crusaders 72.550

5 Spirit from JSU 67.450

6 Southwind 63.900

From DCI.org

I am sad :(

Edited by i_play_percussion