Interesting Hopblog quote from today

http://hopsblog2.livejournal.com/

The show --

so far so good. We have made adjustments as time has gone by! I plan more. Sometimes .. one just needs to listen, to see reaction, to hear the chuckle ... that is how I can adjust.! And yes, there are technical issues with big stadiums and small stadiums.

And, there are always differences of opinions. Some folks head the young man's story in the closer ...one of my best friends came to rehearsal, and cried 100 tears. Who is right? Who is wrong? Who identifies? Who thinks it is stupid?

I guess .. we need to make the decisions that work inside our program.

Are we talking too much ... yep! But, I want to make sure we make the right decisions ... so, we are moving slowly!

We will adjust ... I am going out to change a quote now! and we already changed a big chunk of the opener ... and some smaller chunks in Adiemus ... and yes, I took out the entire walk on! Live ... and learn ...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too, I was going to post it but obviously decided not to :P

Perhaps this will satisfy some folks on here, knowing that Hoppy realizes that there is, indeed, a lot of talking in the show, too much even. It's easier to cut back than to add in, and IMO it's great that they're really trying to make the most effective show possible by taking it a step at a time. Can't wait to see it this Friday, at Allentown, and the final product in Pasadena.

I have to give the man credit. He sounds more self-aware and concerned about the audience than I thought he was....but still (I know I know).

What's "I took out the entire walk on!" mean

Im guessing the speech that happens (happened) as they walk on the field. From what i hear it only happened once, at the first show.

for the first couple shows a narrator "introduced" the corps as they were entering the field - talking about the history, the purpose of this year's show, how many members in the corps' history, the uniform - etc

it's gone now - about 1 minute or so of talk at the start

Bravo, a very well planned, well calculated speech, and theres nothing wrong with that ! This will bring a lot of positive comments and some nice remarks about the show. Knowing he is taking a different stance "live and learn" rather than last years or two years ago, "We dont care what anyone thinks"..is major and can only help the activity from the Cadets POV and a fans POV, knqing that indeed he does care about all fans means that he and his corps should be given a chance before judgement, at least with this years offering.

Major PR victory for Cadets and Hoopy, imo.

~G~