First goosebump moment of '07

Mine came while listening to the Blue Devils opener. The "mood music" with the front ensemble is very effective, and when those contras come in, it gave me goosebumps like crazy...and when they started playing Pegasus, it took me back to the good ole days of drumcorps...simply awesome! I gotta tell ya, I am liking their opener the most musically out of all the shows I've heard (BD,Cavies,SCV,Phantom,Crossmen,Bluecoats,Cadets).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 30 seconds of Phantom's show (Firebird Suite) the bomb-diggity!! :drool::doh::drool:

The beginning hit of the Colts second selection as the colorgusrd takes off the long capes and have on the white sparkling uniforms with the white flags :doh::doh:

I am going to Say Troopers in Toledo, OH because they were my 1st live Drum and Bugle corps and the opener was Joy which I played for my Spring concert the 1st words to come out of my mouth "OHH!" then my friend told me to be quiet then I felt like an idiot. I'm also going to say seeing Bluecoats was just plain unreal at the Toledo, OH show the amount of pure sounds it was the most I ever heard in my life! Which wasn't that much seeing just Glassmen, Troopers , Cavies I heard to compare that with but ya those are my Goose bumps for 2007 so far hopefully many more to come!

Edited by Supersop08

At the Pleasant Hill show, during SCV's opening sequence, when they go from two lines facing backfield to full field front and hit on the first impact. Sea of red, color and beautiful sound.

When I showed up to a SoCal Dream camp for the first time in April and heard the horn line playing the end of our opener, "Generations." That's the first time I've been around a drum corps in more than 10 years and it was awesome.

First goosebumps not from a corps I'm marching in... Hearing Mandarins ballad at the Walnut show. It's just gorgeous,

VK camp in March while they were playing Hide and Seek. Then again at Walnut.

It was definitely when I was at The Cadets ensemble before the Annapolis show when I heard that opening push after the Appalachian Spring licks!!

The Crown trumpet (sigh) playing "First Call" at the beginning of the closer. The corps is holding the resolved chord from the ballad, and he bursts in with an acutal, living, breathing, BUGLE call. In a drum corps show - imagine that!

If somebody tells me that he picks up an actual bugle to play that, I might pee my pants.

Even with a trumpet, it's still :worthy:

I know not my first, but my second -- hearing the Scouts hornline 'gobbler' last Friday in East Troy