Normal, IL Frontrunners TONIGHT

DCI Central IL  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win tonight?

• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
  2. 2. Of the two, who do you WANT to win tonight?

• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
  3. 3. If you heard/saw the shows, who's do you like the most (so far)?

• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats

Wow...just think of the energy/pressure the first regional will be like...Atlanta? What a ride this year will be!

Speaking of rides, how about SCV (I have to interject, I am listening to my APD CD and the Napolean D. from the Cadets just came on, "some how...some way" imagining his fists clenched... :dozingoff:)

Anyway, SCV has been making a pretty long journey across the country to get to the show, and then they have an 8 hour drive to Mankato tonight...they are warriors! Hopefully they can get some non-show days this week, get into a groove and continue to clean.

Edited by stockman365

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...just think of the energy/pressure the first regional will be like...Atlanta? What a ride this year will be!

Speaking of rides, how about SCV (I have to interject, I am listening to my APD CD and the Napolean D. from the Cadets just came on, "some how...some way" imagining his fists clenched... :dozingoff:)

Anyway, SCV has been making a pretty long journey across the country to get to the show, and then they have an 8 hour drive to Mankato tonight...they are warriors! Hopefully they can get some non-show days this week, get into a groove and continue to clean.

YES YES.. SCV WARRIORS.. err..

GO SCV, I'M REALLY CHEERING FOR THEM THIS YEAR!

Well as much of a fan of SCV as I am..... they did take all week off in prep for this weekend so I'm not buying the I'm tired 8 hour drive deal.

Not surprised Colts beat Glassmen tonight. I spent some time at Glassmen rehearsal yesterday here in Ohio and they were making some big changes to the show that will not go in until next week.

I was told they basically cut around 30 seconds to the opener and then they were redoing some things in the ballad yesterday. Tonight and tomorrow they are still performing the old parts so they essentially stopped cleaning what they had while learning the new. I figured they would take a score hit for probably the next week until the new things are put in and solidified.

Gotta say I'm really disappointed in the scores...and placements.

I hope Vanguard starts climbing the ladder, one corps at a time.

Yeah from my friend that marches GMen-

"We had a *bad* show due to the past two days relearning half of our show, and we had to perform the old version cold"

Yeah from my friend that marches GMen-

"We had a *bad* show due to the past two days relearning half of our show, and we had to perform the old version cold"

Yikes, that would be rough, for any corps.

Im almost bummed scv didnt score/place higher. :(

:rolleyes: duh....it's still june.

be ready to jump, scv :dozingoff:

Well as much of a fan of SCV as I am..... they did take all week off in prep for this weekend so I'm not buying the I'm tired 8 hour drive deal.

No, they didn't take all week off. They traveled all week. They arrived at their new location in the mornings, got 4 hours of down time, then rehearsed and drove to their next location. You try crossing the country, from California to Illinois, in 6 days and see how much rehearsal time you can get in.

Their daily schedule is posted right on their website:

http://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard/2007/tour_schedule.cfm

Perhaps when you, and your favorite corps, come all the way out to California you'll have a slightly greater appreciation for the "travel time" that the California corps have to do every friggin' year.

Edit: Never mind, that particular poster comes from Arizona :rolleyes: And, get this, his profile says his favorite corps is the Vanguard! :dozingoff:

Edited by PeeWee