Council of Cadets Borg

I love how almost EVERY Cadets thread turns into a negative pissing match. This thread is stupid. I don't want to be a member of this council anymore. Take care guys.

Lol...I just read through it all, since I havent actually been posting on it. Possibly one of the most useless threads ever. And by the way, I dont think we really qualify as Cadet Borg anyway. IMO, the requirements for cadet borg are three fold -

1) Never marched drum corps - yet they...

2) Have strong opinions and know everything and that the Cadets are the best at everything AND...

3) Only talk about other corps in a negative light

This hardly describes most of the cadet people on this forum...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Kind of a disservice to folks to have to be pigeon-holed into being blindly for or against a corps, a philosophy or a show design.

Life is rarely so black and white. :)

Lol...I just read through it all, since I havent actually been posting on it. Possibly one of the most useless threads ever. And by the way, I dont think we really qualify as Cadet Borg anyway. IMO, the requirements for cadet borg are three fold -

2) Have strong opinions and know everything and that the Cadets are the best at everything AND...

AGREED!!!!

I think the Cadets are too big and too good for DCI.

DCI really does limit them, for the Cadets to really develop into their full potential they need to leave DCI and find their own path. Heck, DCI has been stealing from the Cadets for years, everyone knows people only go to shows to see the Cadets. the Cadets might as well pocket all the money by doing their own tour and their own thing. It will be years before DCI even catches up to the Cadets vision and by that time, the Cadets could have woodwinds and their choir playing at a professional level. It worked for Star of Indiana so its now time the Cadets take it to the next level and become all that they should be

Cadets – you owe to yourself and to your fans to leave that out dated, Dinosaur Corps International (DCI) behind and truly bloom into your full glory anyway you see fit

bye-bye

I think the Cadets are too big and too good for DCI.

DCI really does limit them, for the Cadets to really develop into their full potential they need to leave DCI and find their own path. Heck, DCI has been stealing from the Cadets for years, everyone knows people only go to shows to see the Cadets. the Cadets might as well pocket all the money by doing their own tour and their own thing. It will be years before DCI even catches up to the Cadets vision and by that time, the Cadets could have woodwinds and their choir playing at a professional level. It worked for Star of Indiana so its now time the Cadets take it to the next level and become all that they should be

Cadets – you owe to yourself and to your fans to leave that out dated, Dinosaur Corps International (DCI) behind and truly bloom into your full glory anyway you see fit

bye-bye

And the award for "Best post of the month" goes HERE!

I hope you aren't talking about me.

What I am "getting" is that high school bands have been using amplification, voice and electronics for decades. What Cadets are doing is far from innovative. It just wasn't allowed in drum corps until '04. The history goes back much longer than you may be aware. Having taught HS drumlines since 1975, I've seen a lot. I just don't care for it.

Regarding the subject matter of the narration in question...if the guy wants to talk about it in public, he's got to accept the criticism. Personally, I wouldn't air senstitive issues like that in public.

As always, just my opinion, neither right nor wrong.

Garry

I'm quite aware that amplified voice has been used before. I believe Cadets are using it in a fairly new way this year. You can't just lump all amplified voice together and say it is one innovation. That's like saying drum corps have used brass and percussion for decades, so nothing innovative is happening now. The only show that uses narration in this manner that I can compare the Cadets 07 to is Carmel HS 04.

I'm quite aware that amplified voice has been used before. I believe Cadets are using it in a fairly new way this year.

I like the Cadets show but at times the narration made me cringe.....was that what they were after???.... if so it is a

BIG SUCCESS!!!!

I like the Cadets show but at times the narration made me cringe.....was that what they were after???.... if so it is a

BIG SUCCESS!!!!

Thanks for that. Again, another insult directed at the corps. If i said anything close to that in nature about another corps, I would be murdered on this board.