Kalamazoo WebKast Korner

"Pedestrian drill" comment is simply off base. I've been reading that for years about the Blue Devils, and yet this corps ALWAYS finishes in the top 3 in visual GE, performance and ensemble. They don't get consistently high scores in these captions every year for marching a "pedestrain drill." I saw park and blows from each of the last three corps this evening. Also saw more block drill for Cavies. All three have amazing drills, IMHO.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell time is it there??
it's almost 11:30 am
It's 3:30 am here in the UK.

BUT whatever time it is now in Kathmandu, they are 15 minutes behind everyone else...

Just a little FYI... :worthy:

Ahh. I love Japanese Drum Corps. They need to visit the states more often. ^^

Yokohama Scouts are coming to Cali this year, they are looking good too. I get to see them practice on the weekends.

While we wait...

Division I

The Cadets 81.950

Phantom Regiment 81.200

Carolina Crown 80.350

Division II

Jersey Surf 69.500

Come on Regiment! Close that gap!

Don't know...

They weren't back in the 80s from what I could tell...I could pop in the DVDs and find out...but I don't feel like it

s'ok. I just wondered if you knew off hand. :)

:mmm: for you.

1 The Cadets 81.950

2 Phantom Regiment 81.200

3 Carolina Crown 80.350

4 Blue Knights 75.750

5 Boston Crusaders 73.950

6 Crossmen 68.650

Glassmen - that train horn was like :worthy: Next time pick a venue that's not next to a railroad.

Cavaliers - once again, they have the drill to beat, and it's once again CLEAN (how do these guys do it? Sooo much drill so clean so early?). Their music, however, is beatable if you count level of difficulty. Their brass sound is beautiful though.

Bluecoats - After watching all of their 8 count drill in the opener I thought to myself, "Uh oh, Vanguard may be in trouble." Fortunately for my heart, the rest of their show didn't have the same drill. Their show, from an SCV perspective, is definitely beatable. The drill was substantially dirtier than the Cavaliers. Their brass sound is gorgeous!

Blue Devils - they changed the end of their show since California...for the better! The build a block, unbuild a block, build a block drill was great, and the center spinning wings at the end of the show looked really good (even though it may have been simple).

Where do I think these corps will place by seasons end?

Cavaliers

<<< Insert Vanguard here

Blue Devils

<<< or here

Bluecoats