Blue Stars on TV

Fantastic piece! is this pretty common for corps to get this kind of coverage on TV? I can't recall ever noticing anything like this -- kind of a nice change of pace from the usual news/sports/weather... wow... those news anchors like their coffee....

No, it is not common. It seems there is a true love affair between the folks in La Crosse and their Blue Stars. That's why I could not understand the rumors on DCP during the winter this year about them moving to Minnesota :angry: .

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...

Jennifer Livingston did an EXCELLENT job on the 3 part series of the

"day in the life of a corpsmember" type piece..

HOWEVER....

JUST A LITTLE TOO MUCH COVERAGE of CERTAIN members of the corps..

Would've been nice to have seen a few other members from different

locals, backgrounds, etc...

There is no I in team/or corps for that matter !

FCO

Mike

If you would like to write to this news station here are their emails.

Gen Mng--schorski@wkbt.com

News Director-apaape@wkbt.com

reporter Jennifer-- jlivingston@wkbt.com

They have recieved some very nice emails regarding their reporting on the Blue Stars and the drum corps activity itself. They are very appreciative and love covering this story on this very unique activity that goes from sun up to sun down (:

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
What a wonderful piece. It's great to see the activity presented in such a positive light and easy for the "non-corps" person to get a taste of what these kids achieve every summer.

The shot of Jon made me tear up. Well done!

Nice!!!

Also, found Blue Stars Video Blogs posted on the MarchingTVChannel here

I would be curious what the percentage of kids from the immediate La Crosse area is and what the percentage of kids from out side the "coolie region (?) :worthy: " is.

The horn line sounds so mature - are these "kids from God's country" local talent or is the hornline made up of music majors from around the country like most top 12 corps hornlines.

Definitely a well done news segment. You typically expect them to be about 20 seconds and the news casters talking about bands and such. You can tell she was genuine when she said she really enjoys covering the Blue Stars. Really great job...I am sooo excited for Blue Stars this year! Keep it up....Finals is in sight!!