We're ALL suckers...

Does anyone else out there find it interesting that the most competitive year in DCI history (any winner on any given night) is happening in the very same summer that the championships are in California for the first time ever??

Hmmmm...

Do you think DCI is trying to sell tickets in Pasadena?

I do.

:sleeping:

Just what we need.. another baseless conspiracy theory. Have you seen any of the top 7 shows? The overall quality of these shows more than justifies the 1-2 point break between the corps.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else out there find it interesting that the most competitive year in DCI history (any winner on any given night) is happening in the very same summer that the championships are in California for the first time ever??

:sleeping:

The early 1990's were the same way (lots of corps moving around during the season). I don't think they were aiming for a conspiracy then, and probably aren't now.

I don't get to go inside the DCI Board meetings when they do the animal sacrifices and pray to Thoth-Amon to fix Finals each year, though. :P

So, how does the conspiracy work, how does it get pulled off, how does everyone stay quiet, how do certain corps agree to "take it on the chin," how, how, how?

Don't ask me. I must be part of the conspiracy. :)

Don't ask me. I must be part of the conspiracy. :)

Dude, we heard there was some kind of DaVinci Code-esque secret to who will win each year in the third "Fanfare" column in October each year.

Also, tell Dan Acheson it's hard to get so many live Pomeranian puppies for the Board to eat at meetings on such short notice.

...and, really, Hop and Gibbs bathing in their blood was a little over the top last year in Atlanta (of course, everyone else just had to follow suit....jeez. What a bunch of sheep.).

It's funny, but for years people have been begging for somebody new in the top echelon of corps. They've been screaming for more parity. Now when things look like they are heading more in that direction, it must be a conspiracy. :ph34r:

Hahaha this I can agree with

Are you implying collusion of some sort? B)

Never in drum corps. It's as American is apple pie and baseball and drum corps would never sully itself with such a concept as selling out for big bucks. Remember, the kids are the main reason for drum corps.... :ph34r:

Hmmmm...

Do you think DCI is trying to sell tickets in Pasadena?

I do.

:ph34r:

I gotta believe ticket sales are going to be good reguardless of how tight the competition. I DO however believe there is some really screwy things going on with the judging. I LOVE IT! I hope this is a trend and not an annomally (sp?). This is GREAT for the kids and great for the activity.

Dude, we heard there was some kind of DaVinci Code-esque secret to who will win each year in the third "Fanfare" column in October each year.

Oh, I wish you hadn't spilled that.