$1.00 Championship Prediction Contest

Introducing the first ever finals prediction contest with an actual prize! Up for grabs is a whopping $1.00 American of my own personal cash.

How to win:

1. Come up with your prediction for the top 12 corps placement on Finals night (not Quarters or Semis).

2. Come up with a score for the corps that places first and the corps that places 12th.

3. PM me with your predictions, including your first and last name and your DCP screen name. You can post it to this thread, but it won't count unless you PM me. It might be helpful to me if you post a quick "I sent mine in" or something like that to this thread so I know you're in.

4. Wait and see what happens in what could be the tightest race for the championship in recent history! You could walk away with one hundred pennies (paid in one large bill)!!!

Rules:

- Each DCP member is allowed one entry. Once your entry is submitted you cannot change it, so think it through. You will be notified if you need to change either or both of your tie breaker scores in case of an exact duplication of corps placements and scores.

- All entries must be submitted before 12:00pm Pacific time on Thursday August 7th.

- Winner will be determined by the most accurate prediction of the top 12 corps placement, starting with your 1st place prediction and moving down through the 12th place corps. Scores will be used as a tie breaker; 1st place score as the first tie breaker, 12th place score as a second.

- Winner will be notified via PM. Public announcement will follow at the consent of the winner.

Good luck to everyone. Things are pretty dull at work right now, so keeping track of this will give me something interesting to do. If anyone would like an example of how the winner will be determined or have any other questions, let me know. I have a degree in office pools :thumbup: .

And no I will not be playing, making it less hinky. However, the following post is an example of a prediction that might have won in the past.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“Guizeppe”

Nick Markley

1. Madison Scouts - 92.500

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Blue Devils

4. 27th Lancers

5. Blue Stars

6. Oakland Crusaders

7. Kilties

8. Cavaliers

9. Royal Crusaders

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Garfield Cadets

12. Troopers - 76.200

Easy money

“Guizeppe”

Nick Markley

1. Madison Scouts - 92.500

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Blue Devils

4. 27th Lancers

5. Blue Stars

6. Oakland Crusaders

7. Kilties

8. Cavaliers

9. Royal Crusaders

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Garfield Cadets

12. Troopers - 76.200

Easy money

Trivia Point

What is interesting is how close we are to having 7 or 8 of those corps from '75 in the top twelve with Madison on the doorstep and the Troopers not far behind! We have had six of these corps in the top twelve pretty regularly over the past 20 years or but we haven't seen seven of those '75 finalists together in finals since about '86 and we haven't seen eight of those corps together in finals since '81!

Very few entries so far. Guess no one wants a free dollar.

Sent Mine!

1. Phantom Regiment 98.40

2. Cavaliers

3. Blue Devils

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cadets

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Stars

9. Glassmen

10. Blue Knights

11. Boston Crusaders