Open request to Madison Scouts

I can see Madison's creative staff in my mind's eye. Coming off a successful 2008 finals appearance, they're hunkered down, exploring ideas for 2009. Well, here you go...

Madison Scouts 2009: Music from The Incredibles.

Every time "The Incredits" or "Saving Metroville" comes up on the iPod, an unbidden image comes into my mind: the Men of Madison using that music as a vehicle to set the pressbox back a few feet. This is music that is built for the kinds of shows that Madison has historically done so, so well. It's got built-in moments for wailing soloists, killer drum breaks, and major impact hits.

Yes, I know Impulse used music from the movie for their "Impulsibles" show in '05. Who cares? Just because Impulse got there first doesn't mean it's hands-off for the Scouts. Come on, guys--think about it!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the music from that movie is incredible...but, if the boys were to say that they're playing that music, I am sure that the brilliant show designers of DCP would come in here and just whine and complain about how this is their demise.

As I said, great music, and under a different title, I don't think many would ##### about it, but having the Disney stigma would cause criticism, especially from those that have never heard that music.

I've actually always thought Blue Devils when it comes to The Incredibles soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure a group from BD played it in I&E a few years back.

I always think this soundtrack would make a great Crossmen show...

KS

Speaking of Crossmen....

When I hear "Remembrance" by Paul Hart, I think "Glad Crossmen didn't find this first!"

Blue Devils Mixed Ensemble plays music from the Incredibles(youtube)

also

Scoring Session - "The Incredibles"(youtube)

I can see Madison's creative staff in my mind's eye. Coming off a successful 2008 finals appearance, they're hunkered down, exploring ideas for 2009. Well, here you go...

Madison Scouts 2009: Music from The Incredibles.

Every time "The Incredits" or "Saving Metroville" comes up on the iPod, an unbidden image comes into my mind: the Men of Madison using that music as a vehicle to set the pressbox back a few feet. This is music that is built for the kinds of shows that Madison has historically done so, so well. It's got built-in moments for wailing soloists, killer drum breaks, and major impact hits.

That show would be truly... well... incredible...

I'm all for it.

Madison would do awesome things with that show, but I think it's a little too kid friendly for Madison.

My request for Scouts....Malaga and Malguena in one show. Madison Scouts 2009: Malagauena!