Oh, go ahead. We've got your back!

Unfortunately, it could be a frontal assault. In which case, you're on your own.

Ray

Hmmmm ... at this stage in life, a frontal assault would be appreciated ...

:innocent:

Dave Baroody.....(running) :lookaround:

Dave Baroody.....(running) :lookaround:

that took courage donny. but you'll be fine.

BINGO!! :thumbup:

ok. now what?:satisfied:

ok. now what?:satisfied:

Any scores yet??? :tongue:

Any scores yet??? :tongue:

hey my saturday night score watching buddy............3 more weeks to go. :thumbup:

ok I've heard the name but did not know him...

how's about someone (Donny?) tell us a little about him?

Dave Baroody was in the Shamrocks with Dick Pronti...they both went to the Geneva Appleknockers Sr. Corps and played for a awhile. Dave and his wife Nancy decided to form a Jr. Apleknocker Corps to feed the Senior Corps...of course we all know it was too little too late, but he remained the Director /Business Mgr. for the Jr. corps and his leadership was one of the main reasons they became successful. He also was a founder of the AJrC...Associated Junior Corps..a pre DCI idea of combining all of these corps into a package for shows and have their own competitive circuit...A very cool idea and combined the best of NY/Canada/ Penn into a circuit where the corps didn't have to travel very far (Down the Thruway..etc)and sponsors got some great corps for their show.He was also the guy that took an interest in an inexperienced 20 year kid and gave him a chance and appointed him the brass arranger/instructor for the corps in 1970. That lucky kid was me...We actually made a national final at the US Open in 1971, but the corps could not keep up with the rest and as most hometown corps know...the financial issue was devastating.He was an inspiration to my fellow corpsmates and to me, but sadly passed away too soon.

Thanks for featuring him, Nancy, and thanks to everyone for keeping it going.

Steve (Not Donny) Cooley

Dave was a smart and crafty guy who who gave the Appleknockers junior corps goals and our sense of purpose. The corps never recovered after he put the reins down. He was a drum corps visionary when it came to organization and he left this world far too soon.