1225 replies to this topic

#621 CrownMom081112

CrownMom081112

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm heading out to see Crown rehearse on Friday in Kissimmee, FL ahead of their Saturday performance in Orlando. I was just wondering if they typically conclude ensemble rehearsal with a run-through or if it's more a mixed bag of different portions of the show. Anyone know?

**I'll be at the show on Saturday. Just curious- excited to see the rehearsal either way!

#622 CrownMom081112

CrownMom081112

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Typically on a full rehearsal day the last few hours are running chunks ending with a full run.  On show days typically a full run at the afternoon ensemble.....all subject to change with weather, etc.  A daily rehearsal schedule is posted on Crown's Facebook page.  Enjoy!!!   I was there this weekend in Akron/Louisville and the Papa John stadium rehearsal on Monday.  They were already cleaning and improving for this weeks shows!!  

#623 NakedEye

NakedEye

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm heading out to see Crown rehearse on Friday in Kissimmee, FL ahead of their Saturday performance in Orlando. I was just wondering if they typically conclude ensemble rehearsal with a run-through or if it's more a mixed bag of different portions of the show. Anyone know?

**I'll be at the show on Saturday. Just curious- excited to see the rehearsal either way!

Friday rehearsal may be your best bet to see it. Forecast has been changed to 80% chance of rain, with heavy storms likely on Saturday. There's a tropical thing forming in the Gulf.

John

Lone Star '93-'94 Program Coordinator, Guard Caption Head, Asst. Dir.

Magic of Orlando '97 Production Manager

Naked Eye Studios

#624 JamMan

JamMan

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hopefully that helps them out. I do like when they're all in the same color palette, but without at least some color, I kept losing who was who out there.

Fortunately, their main uniform is just cream this year, so you don't have that issue from 2009 of "What happened to Tinkerbell? She was there one second..."
Less is more. More is also more.

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." - John Cage

#625 OrlandoContraAlum

OrlandoContraAlum

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Friday rehearsal may be your best bet to see it. Forecast has been changed to 80% chance of rain, with heavy storms likely on Saturday. There's a tropical thing forming in the Gulf.

So, a standard summer day in the City Beautiful? :tongue:
Marwan Saidi
Suncoast Sound Contrabass 1987 - 1989
Heat Wave Contra 2004
Bridgemen Contra 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012

Posted Image

Chicken of the sea?

#626 Kevin.

Kevin.

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Forecast has been changed to 80% chance of rain, with heavy storms likely on Saturday. There's a tropical thing forming in the Gulf.

:( Thanks for the heads up!

Also, thanks CrownMom!

Edited by Kevin., 20 June 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#627 njthundrrd

njthundrrd

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

MARTIN, TN SCORES
Crossmen 62.3
Spirit 65.6
Cavies 69.5
Cadets 73.3
Crown 75.1

Eric Sabach
"Attack life, its going to kill you anyways."

#628 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Yeah it's early season but...
Posted Image

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#629 mellodramatic

mellodramatic

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Posted Image

Looks like Andy Ebert....
06-07 Brass Bus Loading
08 AM Scaffolding
09 Field Lining

#630 saxfreq1128

saxfreq1128

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

Looks like a Blue(s) Devil, to me. :smile:

I'm excited for Crown this year. Love their show and wish the best.

Edited by saxfreq1128, 20 June 2012 - 10:54 PM.

I think we would all love DCI more if we learned to appreciate these shows for what they are, rather than for what we want them to be -- for what they do, rather than for what we think they should be doing. Because what they are and what they do, top to bottom, traditional and not, is amazing.

Posted Image
Love the Cadets, SCV, CC, Cavs, Bluecoats and PR, too. Just too lazy to find the sign thingies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.