Who are the 5 WC Corps you think will benefit the most with new judgin

I had to be anonymous when I joined. And I've always been a regiment phan. (My band director marched 95, so I was brainwashed to love Phantom, haha)

You have no clue how many PMs i've gotten trying to figure out where the hell I have marched.

What I had in mind was anything which would encourage the kind of shows we had last season. Many folks on these forums commented on how much they liked the direction of 2011 from all the Corps, top to bottom. I would like to see that continue.

Merci!

Yeah, some great programs last season, no shortage of either cutting edge artistry or fan-friendly crowd appeal. Of course, those shows were conceived and performed under the old sheets ;-)

In all seriousness, it should be interesting to see what, if any, effect the new sheets have on scoring and eventually on performance and programming trends.

Thanks for the dialogue,

Fred O.

I have a feeling that if someone doesn't like the judging or the criteria, we will hear complaints. When has it been any different?

No need to beat each other up, Friends. It doesn't accomplish anything.

Kevin

• Like 1

Well hopefully it made you feel better, because 1,000 minuses won't change my opinion.

I guess I'm not as much of a bandwagon fan as you are.

When one's argument fails, there is still name-calling to fall back on.

And to think you logged in just so you could minus someone's post. Someone needs a life. :rolleyes:

I'm working on it Steve. Thanks for the encouragement! :thumbup:

If I recall correctly from the DCI news post, in all the tests of the sheets last year scores were very similar to the old sheet.

• Like 1

The corps with the best conceptual aural vision, the ones able to engage the audience through contour and emotional commitment will benefit.

Think I'm kidding?

HH

My guess, the shows will be judged through the " aural vision " of the judges. I have no illusions that judges are going to try and ascertain what the " aural vision ".. " contour".. etc of the mass audience in the stands thinks with these Corps shows to assign scores. But who knows.. we'll just have to see what happens.

Edited by BRASSO