Dallas, GA

All music ensemble scores were low in comparison to the captions. I guess he was just upset that day.

In regards to Alliance, I am sure their staff knows how to teach properly. Their bios looks pretty full. My guess is the hornline is still gassed. Douglasville will tell a lot for this group.

Fun battle back and forth with Carolina Gold and Alliamne. After last weekend, I did not see Alliance passing them so quickly.

I'm sure Dan or Alan will come on and correct me, but I also think this is their annual 'cold' show - no appreciable preshow warmup or rehearsal time.

Actually John, this show is a new one, at least since I have been with the corps. Usually the Dome show is the cold run for us. Having this opportunity on Friday night beforehand was an added bonus this year. We actually got a little bit of ensemble time in before changing for the show. Not much, but it dusted off the cobwebs somewhat at least.

We were VERY impressed with the crowd last night. So very supportive and appreciative of our efforts. I was worried about Alliance possibly losing money on a three corps show (this was their home show). Hopefully the great turnout enabled them to at least break even on the night. Great night all around in my eyes anyway. These local shows are our best opportunities to recruit (best one being today in the Dome). Judging by the people lined up to take pictures with April (our witch), I would say it was pretty successful! Great to see old friends and meet some new as well.

Dan

• Like 1

All music ensemble scores were low in comparison to the captions. I guess he was just upset that day.

In regards to Alliance, I am sure their staff knows how to teach properly. Their bios looks pretty full. My guess is the hornline is still gassed. Douglasville will tell a lot for this group.

Fun battle back and forth with Carolina Gold and Alliamne. After last weekend, I did not see Alliance passing them so quickly.

Let me clear my remarks up a bit.

What I was attempting to refute was Rufus67 remarks (dare I say the pit needed amplification? I dare...) that pits needed amplification just because they were out of balance to the rest of the corps.

My remarks may have come off strong that Alliance staff did not know how to teach and that may not be the case. What I was implying by my remarks and what I was intending to convey was that if the book is written properly for the person ell on the field and in the pit then there should never be any out of balance issues. Amps or no amps.

I personally hate amps and find no place for them on the Drum and Bugle corps field. Save them for the Marching Band field. But alas that is for a different subject.

The corps that have used them (amps) this season that I have seen have done a very nice job with them. The are not the beasts some people make them out to be and with most pit members these days using them in winter percussion, they and their staffs know how to use them properly.

• Like 1

Well the issue isn't staffs knowing how to use them it's judges knowing how to judge it

It be interesting to see how Atlanta CV and Carolina Gold do to night with-in the DCI corps set to go at it tonight in the GA,,Dome .

Actually John, this show is a new one, at least since I have been with the corps. Usually the Dome show is the cold run for us. Having this opportunity on Friday night beforehand was an added bonus this year. We actually got a little bit of ensemble time in before changing for the show. Not much, but it dusted off the cobwebs somewhat at least.

sorry - I was referring to a couple weekday shows (Aniston?) back in 'my day' where I recall we would beat feet to get there, grab the uni, and arc up.

We were VERY impressed with the crowd last night. So very supportive and appreciative of our efforts. I was worried about Alliance possibly losing money on a three corps show (this was their home show). Hopefully the great turnout enabled them to at least break even on the night. Great night all around in my eyes anyway. These local shows are our best opportunities to recruit (best one being today in the Dome). Judging by the people lined up to take pictures with April (our witch), I would say it was pretty successful! Great to see old friends and meet some new as well.

Dan

Hopefully there will be a big crowd for the CV show. That would make at least three shows in DCA South that were very well attended this year (not sure about how full Sun Devils' show was).

It be interesting to see how Atlanta CV and Carolina Gold do to night with-in the DCI corps set to go at it tonight in the GA,,Dome .

Historically the GD show has pulled CVA down in the rankings year after year. It's a double edge sword I am sure. It's one of their best recruiting tools yet one of those things that pulls them down in the rankings.

Guess we will see what tonight brings and see if history repeats itself or if judging trends end.

Well the issue isn't staffs knowing how to use them it's judges knowing how to judge it

I can see that.

It was that way in DCI until everyone transitioned over. Judges got use to hearing electronic pits and when they did not hear a electronic pit they instantly thought something was wrong and did not bother to give credit based on achievement .

Judges might overlook electronic pits this year..they may not but I suspect pretty soon if you don't have one you are not going to receive credit for achievement because it's going to be expected that you have one.