C2: Interesting times with Hopkins and Templin at helm

Picked up a copy of NY Daily News to read at the doctors office yesterday. Long wait so scanned the TV section to catch what was to be on the Networkds and Cable.

One of the local stations (no idea where) listed "Polish News" around 10PM....

I worked at a NJ radio station in the mid-'80s which had religious and ethnic programming on Sundays. One of the shows was the "Ed and Chet Polka Hour"... featuring a variety of Polish music.

Edited by Fran Haring

Found it Channel 25 WNYE has the Polish News. Can't cut n paste with IE but wiki has it as a former PBS station (W New York Educational?).

Maybe Fran can make sense of the wiki write up. Something about now affiliated with CUNY and no longer on 25 (analog) but 25.1 digital.....

And Fran I polka'ed for the first in college in western PA. Took a week for the bruises to heal, who needs a freakin mosh pit....

OK, if this thread is now going pro-Polonia, it must include a shout out to the Poughkeepsie Pacers (now defunct) whose guard wore costumes found in the area of Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains in Poland along the Slovak border; and of course, the Our Lady of Czestochowa Ramblers from South Brooklyn, also New York who knew something about marching Polonaise.

Now back to Red Square in Allentown.

I often wondered why, back in he day, the Polish Falcons never played "Who Stold My Kishka"? Dobzia!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...