Indiana's New Law

I do know I am now considering selling my finals tickets and canceling my hotel. Why should I visit and spend money in a state that will discriminate myself and my friends. I hope more will follow. The LGBT community has a huge fan base within DCI. Not to mention members and staff of the CORPS.

• Like 2

I do know I am now considering selling my finals tickets and canceling my hotel. Why should I visit and spend money in a state that will discriminate myself and my friends. I hope more will follow. The LGBT community has a huge fan base within DCI. Not to mention members and staff of the CORPS.

I shouldn't be commenting, but I feel compelled.

Please don't change your plans. This is a non-profit that didn't create this debate but certainly attracts affected citizens. Your support is much more important than your boycott. There are those in Indianapolis who don't support this either.

It would seem to me that thishttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/26/proposed-ballot-measure-that-advocates-killing-gays-puts-california-attorney/ is a much more serious concern than a law that says the government can not do harm to someone's religious beliefs.

But for consistent thinking and action with those proposing to move and boycott Indy championships as well as boycott the other 19 states and the Federal Government who has had the same law for the past five years..........

and who propose the ending of DCI touring because there can not be any travelling avoiding these 19 States and the US and paying the highway and gas tolls for the same,

does DCI then boycott California???

I tried to note this to Seen it all by a PM, but he has blocked me even though we have never had any discussion previously.

I guess if someone disagrees, they are just not worth listening to according to the snipers..

Edited by xandandl

I thought I might actually go this year, impart, because the LGBA is having their annual convention in conjuction with championship week and their pep band will make an appearance Saturday night.

I'm not sure now.

I know that other than supporting the LGBA convention this year, I will not go to championships again as long as they are in Indiana.

There are other domed stadiums in the mid-west, great lakes regions of the country DCI could court. Maybe one of them will court DCI?

Althought I wish they would leave and will lobby for that, I'm not holding my breath.

This is a very important topic for MANY in the drum corps community. I hope the poweres that be will keep this topic opened and that those who choose to respond will do so in a professional way.

Edited by shawn craig

Don't get me wrong. I will still support DCI. Even if I have to now just drive to INDY for finals and then drive back to Chicagoland so that I don't have to spend money on a hotel. What would be nice is and if DCI makes some type of statement in regards to the new law. Then I would feel better that DCI understands it's fan base. Time will tell. I'm pretty sure DCI understands it has a huge LGBT fan base, not to mention a good portion of their staff.

Edited by Highwaydude

I thought I might actually go this year, impart, because the LGBA is having their annual convention in conjuction with championship week and their pep band will make an appearance Saturday night.

I'm not sure now.

I know that other than supporting the LGBA convention this year, I will not go to championships again as long as they are in Indiana.

There are other domed stadiums in the mid-west, great lakes regions of the country DCI could court. Maybe one of them will court DCI?

Althought I wish they would leave and will lobby for that, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sorry, I don't know what the LGBA is.

Have you compared your contention of other domed stadiums to the list of states that already have this law on the books?

Or can you, in any good conscience, attend a drum corps show in a county that has similar laws on the Federal books?

Don't get me wrong. I will still support DCI. Even if I have to now just drive to INDY for finals and then drive back to Chicagoland so that I don't have to spend money on a hotel. What would be nice is and if DCI makes some type of statement in regards to the new law. Then I would feel better that DCI understands it's fan base. Time will tell. I'm pretty sure DCI understands it has a huge LGBT fan base, not to mention a good portion of their staff.

A huge number of administration, staff, members, alumni, volunteers, and fans!

Even if DCI's LGBT participation is 10-times the national level, it still represents only about 20% of the activity's participants.

I think DCI understands all too well its fan base.

Edited by garfield