Things to bring on tour.

I would say sandals, feels great for after shows in the lot!! And, depending on the corps, a bucket for under your seat of some kind to keep snacks and what not. Also for the bus I bought a floor mat at walmart for like 3 dollars, then you can lay on the floor at night without worrying all too much about the crap on the floor!! It's always great to go back for a second year because you know exactly what you need and don't need, personal traits!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would strongly suggest at least three full sized bath towels. You will always want at least one clean one. They are great makeshift blankets on the bus, instant pillow, and great for covering your eyes in housing facilities where the lights do not go off.

Email a vet or section leader and ask if you willbe doing section shorts. I only had to bring 2 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of pants, because every single day for rehearsal, we wore our section shorts. It really frees up space not having to bring a lot of clothes. As for shirts, go to a store and get a few 3-packs of plain white t-shirts. Your shirts will get ruined. I promise. Just get cheap ones you don't care about. That goes for pretty much anything. Don't bring anything you don't want destroyed.

And another note, with the Gold Bond.

Get the Blue Stuff.

If you are going the white t-shirt route just save yourself some cash and buy a bunch from the salvation army.

I would add, a Chamois. Yes a Chamois. They make the ones for drying off your car. You can get them at Wal-Mart. They are great because they are super absorbent, small and can be put away wet. So you get out of the shower, and you don't have to deal with a wet towel. It worked great for me. But I just may be a bit strange. :rolleyes:

One thing that I had to have on tour was body powder...like shower to shower. I know it was one more thing to carry, but my uniform never smelled. NEVER! It was a necessity.

I think things have changed since I marched LOL

I packed 10 days of clothes with some extra underwear.

My show stuff.

Sleeping bag.

Toiletries (including the aforementioned Gold Bond)

My walkman.

I had one huge bag with everything in it.

One trip from the bus to the gym.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned unless I missed it is a Camera.

One more word of wisdom from an older vet.

Whenever we arrived at a site in the middle of the night, the first thing I did was shower.

My reasoning was I would rather shower before bed and be reasonably clean for 4 or 5 hours, than shower before practice and be gross and sweaty 10 minutes later.

That and the pre show shower.