Things to bring on tour.

::shrug::

You are obviously not human, but a very life-like robot!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A packing tip: roll your shirts, boxers, and whatever else you can think of rather than folding them... big space saver and you'll be able to fit more in your bag. Suction cups and bungee cords also come in handy on the bus.

Edited by Carl306

I rolled EVERYTHING in my duffel and also used large Ziplocs (the gallon size) to hold underwear, socks, tanktops, shorts, anything I could. I also learned that putting a fresh dryer sheet in said Ziplocs after doing laundry keeps your clothes smelling a little "nicer" -- or maybe just less bad!

As far as how much to take ...

Krista and I actually had a HUGE (well, maybe just a normal-sized) debate over how many pairs of shorts I should take on tour with me. I think I took four or five pairs and that worked pretty well.

I also never had an air mattress and I think I used (someone else's) Gold Bond once. I got the Target brand Gold Bond cream with aloe and it was more compact, less messy and worked wonders for any skin problem imaginable. I think that's all I've got ...

You are obviously not human, but a very life-like robot!

Hahah.....I would say that I take pride in my resiliance, but it's not something exciting enough to celebrate.

I saw that "anti-monkey butt" thing at a truck stop on tour this past year, actually.

Rolling = yes. I have "space bags," too, where you can lay on them and squeeze all the excess air out. They work really well.

:

you forgot condoms...

I have to admit I literally cracked up when I saw this.. b**bs . I guess its always good to be safe! I always bring the little suction cup hooks..that way you can hang up your towel in the bus..andit wont smell after a week and a half... Then you also need lots of bathing suit tops... Accesories for free days.. and if you can get the little suction cup buckets..those are awesome for holding extra crap in your seat..and ofcourse.... makeup!!! :P

I also bring and extra toothbrush, contact case, deoterant or an extra of anything small that can get lost in the shuffle easily. And a little shower caddy with suction cups on it is a great was to store small stuff on the bus. Also take 2 extra pillow cases so that way I can change out the one on my pillow on laundry days and wash it. The 2nd extra one is to put over the seat in front of me to fold up and create a little pocket for storing stuff on the bus.

I highly recomend taking 2 pairs of good tennis shoes for two reasons. 1 When it rains you have a dry pair to put on. 2 If you alternate wearing them throughout everydays it will make your feet feel A LOT better.

Other than that everyone else has done a great job putting together lists and helpful hints!! :)

Ditto to the suction cup window stuff, it helps keep the little things such as - flashlight, phone, wallet, and the iPod (or equivalent) handy and off the floor during bus rides. Some people do the 'behind the seat car organizer thingy', but i find that with my long legs it does more harm than good. A cheap alternative is a empty pillow case (fold one side of it over the seat infront of you and wa-la, you have a pouch to put random stuff in)

Random, but here goes anyway - it is kinda nice if you have a fitted twin sheet to put over your bus seats. To me, it feels more home like and comfortable when your catchin the zzz's on the ride. Plus it can be washed on laundry days. In addition to pimpin out the bus seat, a few of us on tour got the small carpet squares for the floor infront of your seat (bathroom carpet style), it again makes your space a little more home-ly.

Also extra bungee cords can come in handy on and off the bus, for things like rolling the sleeping bag, hanging water cooler, or a towel, etc.

hope this helps.

*edited for grammer and the like*

Edited by nctarheels05