Cadets Beat Cavaliers!

...at anytime did someone mention a conspiracy, judge bias, or anthing else when talking possible explanation of the scores?,,,,,,NO. Did anyone say that the Cadets didnt deserve the win......NO.

The OP asked for a possible explantion of what happened tonight, and I gave it. New endings can affect the entire performance of a show. From, how rehearsal time was allocated to the members state of mind while on the field. These factors all can attribute to overall performance. Was tonight the case? Who knows? Is it a possibility? Posters in other threads said the ending of the show felt flat, I stated this may cause the influx in score. We're talking .04 of a point. With the competition being this close judges are looking at everything when awarding this score.

Also, If anyone on DCP believes that who the judges are, show region, show changes, rehearsal time, dont have any type of factor in the scoring, you are sorely mistaken.

Easy there, the :tongue: should have been a tip that my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Next time I'll leave a disclaimer

• Like 1

...at anytime did someone mention a conspiracy, judge bias, or anthing else when talking possible explanation of the scores?,,,,,,NO. Did anyone say that the Cadets didnt deserve the win......NO.

The OP asked for a possible explantion of what happened tonight, and I gave it. New endings can affect the entire performance of a show. From, how rehearsal time was allocated to the members state of mind while on the field. These factors all can attribute to overall performance. Was tonight the case? Who knows? Is it a possibility? Posters in other threads said the ending of the show felt flat, I stated this may cause the influx in score. We're talking .4 of a point.

Show changes just dont effect the visual scores, theyll weigh on how the brass performs/sounds, how the guard and percusiion execute....etc. With the competition being this close judges are looking at everything when awarding scores.

Also, If anyone on DCP believes that who the judges are, show region, show changes, rehearsal time, dont have any type of factor in the scoring, you are sorely mistaken.

Just saw the recap and I believe it sort of supports the point...Jackie Gilley, the judge, who many claim have it out for the Cadets (and who had the Cadets Guard in like 4th or 5th in a few shows this weekend) tonight had them scoring .5 of a point higher then the Cavies. That right there tells me that the Guard had cleaning to do and ill guess its during the last few minutes.

It could also mean Cadets' Guard cleaned themselves up.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Just saw the recap and I believe it sort of supports the point...Jackie Gilley, the judge, who many claim have it out for the Cadets (and who had the Cadets Guard in like 4th or 5th in a few shows this weekend) tonight had them scoring .5 of a point higher then the Cavies. That right there tells me that the Guard had cleaning to do and ill guess its during the last few minutes.

LOL I know Jackie, and she does NOT "have it out" for the Cadets. I don't know why there are people claiming this. But if I had to guess, it would be because she gave Cadets(most likely their favorite corps) a score that they didn't like at some other shows, so it must be a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cardman

NO.....here on DCP everything is a conspiracy on the same level as the JFK assassination and the moon landing :tongue:

Wait - something landed on the moon? You folks on DCP are just outrageous now!!! :w00t:

Err. I think he was joking.

I just saw the score from OK. What's the dealio?

1) additions to show that bring out the theme better

2) incredibly difficult ( and amazing ) drill is getting cleaned with each passing day.

When I saw this show the first week of the season I said that if they clean this thing, its got the goods to go the distance and win it all. Its all a question of how well they execute this show on Finals Night. 3 days in a row will be a task in Indy for them, especially on Finals Night, as this is a physically demanding drill that can take it's toll, but if executed, can win it all for them, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

It could also mean Cadets' Guard cleaned themselves up.

Absolutely. Quite honestly I think the Cadet's show this year is superior to Cavies. From what I saw at Rockford Cavies were simply cleaner. Cadets get it cleaned up (cause it's a TOUGH show) and they are good to go.

Probably not since Cavies beat Cadets in GE visual and Cavies took Visual performance. I think Cadets just got a little better tonight. That could be it also. :cool:

I understand what you mean though. I expect positions will keep changing up until finals.

Nice observation, Tekk!

And yes, I'm anticipating the same. I know these two teams have at least one more meeting going into ATL. Love it!