9. 2010 Bluecoats

10. Spirit of Disney marching band

11. 2012 Superbowl halftime show

12. The Nicki Minaj tribute band-corps

Too much slotting for my taste.

• Like 1

I did a google search and found this site:

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/

It looks like it has all DCI shows throughout the seasons all the way back to 1972.

And DCA shows back to 1964 with some missing years "coming soon..."

Now umm... make your predictions tongue.gif

The interesting thing is (looking at top 8) that there are (8) shows before Boston and BD have their 1st show.

Im new at this but I guess considering most corps are just starting drill and plugging up holes due to a bad economy, im going to take my

emotions out of it and predict based on a corps track record, staff retention and momentum..

1. Blue Devils (consistently consistent in a good way).

2. Cadets (staff retention and I think playing to the new judging system with an easily recognizable theme which im sure will be Cadet-ized)

3. Crown (staff changes are a concern and I think staff needs to work together for a while to gel but this is a very strong corps ready to

medal again).

4.Cavaliers (always a threat and monsters in all captions but visual may slip without MG. They did defy the odds in 2010 with mega staff changes

so not sure).

5. SCV (improved brass with new staff, continued growth in percussion, mature membership with Dream Team staff?).

6. Bluecoats/Phantom (both powerhouses, not sure).

8. Madison (staff/momentum).

9. Boston (can be in 7 or 8 if anyone above misses a beat).

10.Spirit (I think momentum is on their side).

11. BK

12. Crossmen

Me thinks you missed a beat ! :doh:

The interesting thing is (looking at top 8) that there are (8) shows before Boston and BD have their 1st show.

Boston also starts move-ins May 25, which is later than most corps.

Madison starts the 24th, and has their first show about a week later than the first DCI show as well.

However, BD's brass starts this weekend, and the percussion is also rehearsing this weekend, and moves in the 19th. Not sure what the color guard does, but it looks like they rehearse weekends and then fully move in the 25th.

The Cadets start the 12th, SCV starts the 20th, Bluecoats starts the 18th, the Blue Stars start the 18th, Blue Knights starts the 19th, Spirit starts the 23rd, and not sure about Crown.

(edit)Phantom starts the 16th, but is also traveling from Akron back to the west coast.

So some corps choose to start tour later than others because their move-ins dates start later than others.

Edited by Forte Piano

I'm a big fan of Pines of Rome and Mahler 1, so if they put out a solid product, I think the rep will carry them pretty far. That's also not that high, considering they got 8th last year. Phantom has also dealt with a lot of changes that might provide a challenge to remaining competitive, but I have no doubt they will still put out a solid and enjoyable product. Crown and BD seem to have the only concepts in the top 4 to seriously merit a championship; while I have complete faith in the Cavaliers and Cadets to put on great shows, they don't strike me as having the kind of serious connotations that could be associated with previous championships. However, the only way that Crown will win its first championship is if they make it absolutely undeniable that they deserve it over the Cadevaliers, from a design and execution standpoint. I'm skeptical of the possibility considering the number of staff changes, particularly visual, but I wouldn't count them out with the design they've recently announced.

I'm only skeptical as to why people are acting like there is so much staff turnover at crown, the only major difference is the vis staff. The people that clean the drill. And god knows that could be better.

the brass, vis design,program design and guard staff are virtually the same. With the same designers and choreographers in place for all those sections. And the percussion still has several guys from the last several years running the percussion program. Just swapping Lee for Thom writing the music . That's an upgrade in my book. And probably their musical book as well. so where is all the attrition? Crown actually has one of the most consistent staffs at the heart of their corps.

what other corps has maintained the same drill writer, guard designer, brass caption head and music arranger for ten years. I would like to know. There cannot be many. Maybe BD, def not cadets or cavs, or phantom or scv......etc

Maybe there is more and I don't pretend to know the attrition level for all these corps. So if I'm wrong let me know.

Oh what the heck..' Having not seen all the Corps :

1) Blue Devils

2) The Cavaliers

3) Carolina Crown

4) Phantom Regiment

5) Santa Clara Vanguard

6) Boston Crusaders

7) The Cadets

8) Bluecoats

9) Madison Scouts

10) Spirit of Atlanta

11) Blue Knights

12) Blue Stars

Well aren't you the Grinch who stole Christmas...oy veh!!! :tongue:

j/k

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

I'll play.

1- BD

2- SCV

3- Crown

4- Cavies

5- Bluecoats

6- Cadets

7- Phantom

8- Boston

9- Madison

10- Spirit

11- Academy

12- Crossmen

• Like 2

Well aren't you the Grinch who stole Christmas...oy veh!!! :tongue:

j/k

My placement predictions though will probably have little to do with my enjoyment placements levels, MikeD. And as far as I'm concerned, THATS more important to me than where these Corps place in competition. I may very well like The Cadets show more than a lot of others. On the other hand they could place higher than my placement prediction here, but I may not like the Christmas Show, so who knows. I usually like most of The Cadets shows most years, so I'm looking forward to opening up my Christmas gift this year from them.

Is it J.... opps... December yet ? (.. haha)

Edited by BRASSO

Boston also starts move-ins May 25, which is later than most corps.

Madison starts the 24th, and has their first show about a week later than the first DCI show as well.

However, BD's brass starts this weekend, and the percussion is also rehearsing this weekend, and moves in the 19th. Not sure what the color guard does, but it looks like they rehearse weekends and then fully move in the 25th.

The Cadets start the 12th, SCV starts the 20th, Bluecoats starts the 18th, the Blue Stars start the 18th, Blue Knights starts the 19th, Spirit starts the 23rd, and not sure about Phantom and Crown.

So some corps choose to start tour later than others because their move-ins dates start later than others.

Their move-ins are next Wednesday the 16th.

My placement predictions though will probably have little to do with my enjoyment placements levels, MikeD. And as far as I'm concerned, THATS more important to me than where these Corps place in competition. I may very well like The Cadets show more than a lot of others. On the other hand they could place higher than my placement prediction here, but I may not like the Christmas Show, so who knows. I usually like most of The Cadets shows most years, so I'm looking forward to opening up my Christmas gift this year from them.

Is it J.... opps... December yet ? (.. haha)

Oh, I just meant it to be funny, hence the smiley and the "j/k". It is not often the Cadets are shown that low in predictions, that's all.

I certainly agree that our personal enjoyment levels are much more important to each of us than placement. A lot of the time my favorites have nothing to do with the top 3 or 4 placements...though it is nice when the stars are in alignment and I happen to like some of the top 3 or 4 a lot.