The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Being on DCP for over 8 years, I have never posted a top 12 prediction, and I'm not going to start now. My only observation for this summer....lots of staff changes, sheet changes, and for at least one corps, a dramatic tour change.

Dust off your Etch-a-Sketch.

• Like 2

BK the lowest they've been in almost 10 years? Whole lot of faith in SCV too.

I don't see how 12th is very much different from 11th BK was in for the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

I agree with his faith in SCV. They changed a lot for the better this year... The biggest one IMO is that they pulled in a brass staff that could make their hornline sound good this year.

Those predictions are not outlandish at all.

• Like 2

All shows now posted except BK.

1-Crown

2-BD

2-Cavies

-------------

4-SCV

5-Phantom

--------------

6-Cadets

7-Boston

8-BC

9-Madison

--------------

10-BK

11-BlueStars

12-Crossmen

13-Glassmen

14-Spirit

15-Academy

16-Troopers

----------------

17-Colts

18-PC

19-Teal

20-Surf

21-Cascades

22-Pioneer

23-Mandarins

Edited by Jerseyboy
  • Like 1

I don't see how 12th is very much different from 11th BK was in for the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

I agree with his faith in SCV. They changed a lot for the better this year... The biggest one IMO is that they pulled in a brass staff that could make their hornline sound good this year.

Thank you. My reasoning behind BK is they are aren't making the huge leaps and bounds corps like Spirit and Madison are, yes they are getting better, but not at the rate those two are, and a few others. They'll have to at least get as good as last year to keep up with those, the 10th - 12th place corps are starting to get really good, and if they don't improve at the rate a few others are, they're going to get left behind.

That said I don't want them to finisht that low, I have a few friends marching/have marched there and want them to do very well.

Vanguard has a dream staff, they are going to move up some, wheter it's one place or three, who knows, maybe a bit bold in 3rd, but I have faith they are going to start becoming a member of the top 4 perenially like back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Thank you. My reasoning behind BK is they are aren't making the huge leaps and bounds corps like Spirit and Madison are, yes they are getting better, but not at the rate those two are, and a few others. They'll have to at least get as good as last year to keep up with those, the 10th - 12th place corps are starting to get really good, and if they don't improve at the rate a few others are, they're going to get left behind.

That said I don't want them to finisht that low, I have a few friends marching/have marched there and want them to do very well.

Vanguard has a dream staff, they are going to move up some, wheter it's one place or three, who knows, maybe a bit bold in 3rd, but I have faith they are going to start becoming a member of the top 4 perenially like back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

MADISON yes. They moved up and stayed in that 10th position.

SPIRIT finished 15 ,17, 16 , and 12 last 4 seasons . HUGE Leaps and Bounds ?

Edited by Jerseyboy
  • Like 2

SPIRIT finished 15 ,17, 16 , and 12 last 4 seasons . HUGE Leaps and Bounds ?

Yes, but since Spirit's current management team came on board, the corps has gone from 17th to 16th to 12th. Only two world class corps have improved their final placement in BOTH of the past two seasons. One was Phantom Regiment, which improved three spots in 2010 and one spot in 2011, and the other was Spirit, which improved one spot in 2010 and four spots in 2012. That's about as big a leap as you are likely to see these days.

• Like 2

They had an enormous staff change those years. The staff is the same now since 2010 and they've jumped 2 places.

They're coming out of the biggest staff/show design changes in their history. They have more hall-of-famers than anyone on staff and designing their show. They just jumped 2 places, which is more than Scouts did from 2010 to 2011. I think people count them out without considering what they have and what their trend is starting to look like. It takes a bit to turn the Titanic around.

In regard to Vanguard, yes. They do have a good staff now. But those Phantom guys got 9th in 2009 because of show design, let's not forget about that. That's a real thing that happened and could happen again. The Coats' brass staff over there is used to getting lots of talent and working with that coming from a corps that medals. Vanguard doesn't get the same kinds of kids as Coats. I wish them the best, but I think the Cradeviliers have 1st - 4th this year.

• Like 3

Yes, but since Spirit's current management team came on board, the corps has gone from 17th to 16th to 12th. Only two world class corps have improved their final placement in BOTH of the past two seasons. One was Phantom Regiment, which improved three spots in 2010 and one spot in 2011, and the other was Spirit, which improved one spot in 2010 and four spots in 2012. That's about as big a leap as you are likely to see these days.

It's a lot easier to break into the bottom of the finals corps than it is to keep climbing through and past the finalist corps.

• Like 1