Key Poulan to Glassmen

<The excellence in your staff, lies, almost solely, in these individuals.

I can not disagree with it more.

Anyone who thinks such things about "techs" has never spent a second working under people like Joe Wever.>

Totally agree with you...

you may be right that techs are a dime a dozen BUT good techs are not a dime a dozen a good EXPERIENCED, MATURE TECH IS worth their weight in gold my friend.. Any good designer knows if not for great techs NOTHING works and comes to life and mostly designers are not good techs

The excellence in your staff, lies, almost solely, in these individuals.

snip; not sure :)

Solely! ...um... Collaboration and teamwork of tech and designer is a good thing. The tech may know the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals by experiencing many rehearsals and knowing the kids. Many years ago I confided to many a designer that another approach may be feasible based on the talent. We collaborated. Glassmen were around in my day and are here now. I wish the organization all my best :smile:

Solely! ...um... Collaboration and teamwork of tech and designer is a good thing. The tech may know the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals by experiencing many rehearsals and knowing the kids. Many years ago I confided to many a designer that another approach may be feasible based on the talent. We collaborated. Glassmen were around in my day and are here now. I wish the organization all my best :smile:

No doubt we are in agreement on this subject.

When I build a pretty house, most people may see my siding, but what keeps the house up, is the foundation. So yes, all do have some part in the process, but the best laid plans, when not executed, are useless.

i can see this as nothing but good for gmen.

i think their entire brass approach would do well with an overhaul of brass caption head and techs as well....balance and intonation haven't been where they should be since the early 2000s.

• Like 1

No doubt we are in agreement on this subject.

When I build a pretty house, most people may see my siding, but what keeps the house up, is the foundation. So yes, all do have some part in the process, but the best laid plans, when not executed, are useless.

The foundation is the music, the siding is the guard. Sometimes the best laid plan has a plan B. It's early October; wait until spring.

Ask In the Mood to PM me and we can chat. I'm in a mood ;-)

i can see this as nothing but good for gmen.

i think their entire brass approach would do well with an overhaul of brass caption head and techs as well....balance and intonation haven't been where they should be since the early 2000s.

An entirely new brass team was brought in last year headed by Jason Rinehart. Some great names in drum corps came with him including Beth Fabrizio. I think this is a great team to make the brass better. Just isn't an immediate fix.

GET RID OF BRIAN!!!!!!!!!! He is the biggest obstacle the Glassmen have. With staff such as Rob F. and Jason R. and with the addition of Key the corps could do great things, but not with a control freak such as Brian at the Helm.

• Like 2