Profiles In Music Standstill Apr 14, 2012

JimF-LowBari

John, I really don't know so suggest you call Tracy (think that's her number on the flyer). Nice lady, she should be about to help you out.

Josh (and John too), if you see a lady using a walker and a short 50ish guy with a goatee with her, that's probably us. If you get a chance, come on over and say hi.

Thanks, Jim. And I'll certainly say hello if I see you.

Thanks, Jim. And I'll certainly say hello if I see you.

I spoke to Tracy and we're all set. Thanks again, Jim. Hope to meet you next week.

For anyone else interested, she told me there are very few tickets left. Sounds like it will be a successful venture for the Lancers.

I spoke to Tracy and we're all set. Thanks again, Jim. Hope to meet you next week.

For anyone else interested, she told me there are very few tickets left. Sounds like it will be a successful venture for the Lancers.

Great, thanks for the update John. Hosting a show is a "Brave New World" for the Lancers (well been about 25 years anyway) and I'm not 100% on all show details. Glad I could help on this one.

Concert line-up order?

Concert line-up order?

From the Hanover Lancers' website:

6:00pm - National Anthem (a mini-corps of Lancers)

6:05 - Swing House

6:30 - Reading Buccaneers Alumni

6:55 - Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

7:20 - Reilly Raiders

7:45 - Park City Pride

8:10 - Westshoremen

8:35 - Hawthorne Caballeros

9:00 - Lancers Alumni

9:25 - ALL HORNS "You'll Never Walk Alone" w/Lancer Drum Line

• Like 2

Drat!! Cabs have to follow Westshoremen.

and you'll still get a better crowd reaction. 1), you're the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Corps. That pretty much guarantees a great reaction. 2) people know your music. Sure we play some "standards" if you will of late 80's jazz, but who in the drum corps world doesn't know the Rumps? 3) You go year round. Sure we're pretty #### good for 3 rehearsals, but you guys go as much as some competing corps do. 4) it's a crowd geared towards older style shows, and we're not. and finally 5) see #1.

and you'll still get a better crowd reaction. 1), you're the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Corps. That pretty much guarantees a great reaction. 2) people know your music. Sure we play some "standards" if you will of late 80's jazz, but who in the drum corps world doesn't know the Rumps? 3) You go year round. Sure we're pretty #### good for 3 rehearsals, but you guys go as much as some competing corps do. 4) it's a crowd geared towards older style shows, and we're not. and finally 5) see #1.

I'm with Jeff here.

Happy to be going on BC (before Cabs).

The only downside is that I'll miss the Cabs' performance while we load pit equipment. But I'm guessing I'll see the corps at least a few times this summer. :thumbup:

I'm with Jeff here.

Happy to be going on BC (before Cabs).

The only downside is that I'll miss the Cabs' performance while we load pit equipment. But I'm guessing I'll see the corps at least a few times this summer. :thumbup:

You're alluding to exactly my concern. By the time you two guys - Jeff and Fran - are finished spreading mayhem and chaos throughout the auditorium, anything after that will be an afterthought. The thought of the Cabs hornline having to wade through Emergency Medical Technicians and ambulance crews and doctors and nurses treating the folks in the first four or five rows is somewhat daunting.

Fortunately I'll be standing way up in the back of the auditorium while you're on, so I'm sort of protected from flying mallets, etc., but think of those poor folks in the first few rows. :blink: